OLE DB for Data Mining Sample Provider Help

OLE DB for Data Mining Sample Provider Help

Post by Peter Kim [MS » Wed, 20 Nov 2002 05:04:08

You could download DMSample appl from http://groups.msn.com/AnalysisServicesDataMining.
The DMSample app is a VB program (available as source code) that allows you to create
OLEDB DM commands (CREATE/INSERT/SELECT and etc) and send them to the Analysis
server, and display the result of execution. For the detail of the syntax, please look at the OLEDB DM spec
(http://www.microsoft.com/data/oledb/dm.htm).

I also suggest to visit the FAQ page (http://groups.msn.com/AnalysisServicesDataMining/faq.msnw)
for many other useful info.

--
Peter Kim
Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only.

> I'm working on building an OLEDB DM Provider. Our
> knowledge of OLEDB is slim. Our first step is to generate
> the sample provider referenced in the subject line and
> then to begin a new prototype substituting/adding our
> technology to the sample code. We've been able to create
> and register the sample. Now we're looking for a way to
> test it. Has someone created a publicly available "sample"
> client for this provider? Or is there a tool or utility
> available that can be used to illustrate the function of
> the sample provider? Anything that would help us to create
> the prototype would be appreciated - even some
> documentation on the function in the sample provider.

1. OLE DB for Data Mining Sample Provider

I am trying to compile the subject package on Windows XP
PRO.  I have Visual C++ with Visual Studio, Visual
Parser++, Platform SDK, MDAC SDK.  The compile cant find
PersistXML.h and I can't find it on the net or anywhere
on my system.  There is a file PersistXML.hpp, but I
still get compiler errors.
Any clue?  I downloaded the package yesterday from MS web
site.

2. Help refreshing access link to TEXT file from a VB program.

3. OLE DB FOR DATA MINING SAMPLE PROVIDER

4. Problem with an SQL Query

5. Can't add records to an Access db

6. OLE DB for Data Mining Sample Provider

7. Register DTS custom task without DTS Designer

8. Sample from send-stone in OLE DB for Data Mining Resource Kit

9. Data Mining Sample Provider

10. Help: OLE-DB Simple Provider / data binding in IE4/MSHTML

11. OLE DB Data Mining SQL syntax