language dependent resource file could not be loaded during setup

language dependent resource file could not be loaded during setup

Post by Johan Cappaer » Wed, 16 May 2001 17:25:49

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this problem yet:

I tried to install SQL 7 on my NT 4 Server, SP5; but I got errors during setup. I
used the BackOffice 4.5 CD 2 of 8 from the Select subscription (Microsoft
Licensing, January 2001, English version). THIS VERSION OF SQL 7 DOES NOT SEEM TO
WORK. You get several errors like this at the end of setup:

Fatal error
Execution cannot continue as the language dependent resource file
D:\MSSQL\Binn\Resources\1033\SQLMMC.RLL could not be loaded.

I have installed these products:
NT 4 Server. I choosed 'Belgian (Dutch)' as keyboard layout during setup of NT4.
NT 4 SP5
IE 4.01 SP2 from NT 4 SP5 CD
MDAC 2.5

I finally used the BackOffice 4.5 CD 2 of 7 from my MSDN subscription (January
2000, English version) and this worked fine. No errors any more! Strange things
happen...

I anyone have had this problem too, please let me know.

Thanks!

1. Language dependent resource 2057\semwiz.rll could not be located

I have a copy of SQL server 7 which came with the book "Using SQL Server
7.0".  The software installs and runs with no problems on Windows NT 4.0 but
when installing on Windows 98 (Desktop version), the following message is
displayed when attempting to start programs like Enterprise Manager -
"Execution cannot continue as the language dependent resource file
c:\mssql7\binn\resources\2057\semwiz.rll could not be located".  Surely
enough, there is no file, but the directory 1033\ contains the file and many
others.  I tried copying this directory to 2057, but it still didn't work.
The 1033 directory is on the NT server installation which works.

All I can do is use the service manager to start/stop the service, but I
can't start any other programs.

What's wrong with it?

Rob Morgan

2. Track Database Changes

3. please help, constantly getting (unable to load language resources)(MMCPL) ERROR POPUP

4. US-NJ-Kenilworth - Analytical Scientist-(11696) Pharmaceutical Co (11696)

5. LANGUAGE Tag in Resource Files

6. Replicate with IDENTITY

7. IDR1007.DLL - IDAPI German language resource file

8. SQL remote administration

9. Can not find CRXLAT16.DLL during setup

10. Can not set distribution site to local during setup

11. Sybase SQL Anywhere not installing during setup

12. "sqlsetup.dll not found" during setup

13. During setup -- "sqlsevr.dll not found"