Copyng Back Ups ?

Post by Christian Soricett » Wed, 28 Aug 2002 15:14:55

Hi, pardon for my english
I have running my aplication on copanies of 12 cities along Argentina, and i
must capture on my server the information that is generated on the 12
companies, daily.
My aplication was developed with VB 6.0 and in all servers is running SQL
Server 2000.
So my question is .... Which is the better way to capture the info that is
generated daily ?
I have thinked to copy the first day of the month, the BackUp full and then,
day after day, i'll copy the backUp Log, restoring on my server always the
full and then log after log. The problem is that in Argentina, no every
places have Adsl to connect to Internet, and i must try to copy the less
amount of info posible. No matter if in my server i must restore a lot of
files.
Please, somebody tell me what can i do

Copyng Back Ups ?

Post by bill » Wed, 28 Aug 2002 18:14:35

Hello,  There are 3 scenarios you can explore.  (1) You
can do a differential backup daily which will decrease the
amount of time required for the restore process.

(2) You can use SQL Servers DTS services to perform the
migration automatically.  If you are on the same network
with these remote offices this option would probably work
best.

(3) Another option is to setup an FTP Server. This server
will be a Central point for all of your offices.  Simply
setup a DTS routine that would extract the data from a
folder on this server, this process can be scheduled and
ran without user intervention.

Good Luck.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi, pardon for my english
>I have running my aplication on copanies of 12 cities

along Argentina, and i
Quote:>must capture on my server the information that is
generated on the 12
>companies, daily.
>My aplication was developed with VB 6.0 and in all

servers is running SQL
Quote:>Server 2000.
>So my question is .... Which is the better way to capture
the info that is
>generated daily ?
>I have thinked to copy the first day of the month, the

BackUp full and then,
Quote:>day after day, i'll copy the backUp Log, restoring on my
server always the
>full and then log after log. The problem is that in
Argentina, no every
>places have Adsl to connect to Internet, and i must try
to copy the less
>amount of info posible. No matter if in my server i must
restore a lot of
>files.
>Please, somebody tell me what can i do

>.

1. Back-ups

Veritas (formerly Seagate Software) has a back-up solution that is
Cluster aware.
It is called Veritas Back-up Exec. It is not cheap but , It will do the
trick. I also would not recommend the ARCServe product. I personally
have not ever used it but people I know have and they don't care for it
at all. www.veritas.com

Ernie

2. restoring a SQL 7 into SQL 2000?

3. SQL Server 6.5 Back ups

4. can I use oracle blob by CMP bean in weblogic 6?

5. Converting full database back-ups to Flat Files

6. Minimum query memory

7. scheduled back-ups

8. SQL Links and Informix

9. best way to make incremental back-ups?

10. Back-Up Power for servers,UPS, Generators

11. Hot Back-ups from Raw File Systems

12. Database Back-ups Contending with On-Line Transactions

13. Back-ups to Disk?