ERROR in Schedule OLAP

Post by Alessandr » Fri, 12 Jan 2001 04:15:14

I have a DTS that extract datas and process a cube. The following error is
occurring when the DTS processes the Cube:

DTSRun:  Loading...
DTSRun:  Executing...
DTSRun OnStart:  DTSStep_DTSOlapProcess.Task_1
DTSRun OnError:  DTSStep_DTSOlapProcess.Task_1, Error = -2147221456
(80040030)
   Error string:  Cannot open the following registry key on the server
computer (dbmercador):  SOFTWARE\Microsoft\OLAP Server\Server Connection
Info
   Error source:  DSO
   Help file:
   Help context:  1000440

Error Detail Records:
Error:  0 (0); Provider Error:  0 (0)
   Error string:  Cannot open the following registry key on the server
computer (dbmercador):  SOFTWARE\Microsoft\OLAP Server\Server Connection
Info
   Error source:  DSO
   Help file:
   Help context:  1000440

DTSRun OnFinish:  DTSStep_DTSOlapProcess.Task_1
DTSRun:  Package execution complete.

What it means?

Tanks!!!

ERROR in Schedule OLAP

Post by Franck Bonnefo » Sat, 13 Jan 2001 01:04:03

You're not in OLAP Administrators local group.
If your package is scheduled, take care of the SQLServerAgent service. It
should be runned with an OLAP Administrator user.

Regards

Franck

Quote:> I have a DTS that extract datas and process a cube. The following error is
> occurring when the DTS processes the Cube:

> DTSRun:  Loading...
> DTSRun:  Executing...
> DTSRun OnStart:  DTSStep_DTSOlapProcess.Task_1
> DTSRun OnError:  DTSStep_DTSOlapProcess.Task_1, Error = -2147221456
> (80040030)
>    Error string:  Cannot open the following registry key on the server
> computer (dbmercador):  SOFTWARE\Microsoft\OLAP Server\Server Connection
> Info
>    Error source:  DSO
>    Help file:
>    Help context:  1000440

> Error Detail Records:
> Error:  0 (0); Provider Error:  0 (0)
>    Error string:  Cannot open the following registry key on the server
> computer (dbmercador):  SOFTWARE\Microsoft\OLAP Server\Server Connection
> Info
>    Error source:  DSO
>    Help file:
>    Help context:  1000440

> DTSRun OnFinish:  DTSStep_DTSOlapProcess.Task_1
> DTSRun:  Package execution complete.

> What it means?

> Tanks!!!

1. OLAP DTS Scheduling error

I created OLAP DTS Package on server using DTS add-in
When I manually execute it, It works fine
But whenever I schedule it fails
SQL Server Agent error log says

DTSRun:  Loading...      Error:  -2147155969 (8004FFFF); Provider Error:  0
(0)      Error string:  Microsoft SQL Server OLAP Services must be installed
on this computer and the user must be an OLAP Administrator in order to
create an OLAP processing task.      Error source:  OLAP Services Processing
Task      Help file:        Help context:  1000440.  Process Exit Code 1.
The step failed.

I added OLAP Administrators role to SQL Server Agent user with no luck
Win2K Adv, SQL 7 SP2 installed

Please help

2. Passing NT parameters like machine-name to map drives for using in UTL_FILE.FOPEN

3. Weird error when using Scheduled OLAP Processing Task

4. Gevraagd: Ingres-programmeur

5. OLAP - Connecting to OLAP Server error message

6. How determine deleted record?

7. Help: Error saving OLAP cube with OLAP Manager

8. Quick TUNING question...

9. Scheduled DTS with Olap-Task hangs

10. Scheduled OLAP Update packages not terminating

11. How to schedule OLAP Cube backup

12. Failed in Processing OLAP cube via Scheduling

13. OLAP Scheduled Data Refresh