How can I add a private time dimension to a Cube via DSO?

How can I add a private time dimension to a Cube via DSO?

Post by Robert Veelentur » Fri, 11 Oct 2002 02:51:06

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how to add (using VB) a private time
dimension to a cube via the DSO interface?

The data source for the cube is a single fact table with
time dimension data (a datetime) in the first column and
time correlated (by row) data in the remaining columns.

Thanks,

Bob

How can I add a private time dimension to a Cube via DSO?

Post by Paul » Sat, 12 Oct 2002 17:51:10

A private dimension is a regular database dimension, i.e. created in the
Dimensions collection for the database (DSO.MDStore). But the name of the
dimension when you add it to the database must be prefixed with "<cube
name>^".  E.g. (in VB6),

    Set dsoDim = dsoDB.Dimensions.AddNew("MyCube^private1", sbclsRegular)

Then set the properties on the dimension and create the necessary level(s).
And then add the dimension to the cube, e.g.

    dsoCube.Dimensions.AddNew dsoDim.Name

(See the topic "Dimension Interface" in SQL Books Online, DSO section, for
more info.)

HTH,
Paul

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how to add (using VB) a private time
dimension to a cube via the DSO interface?

The data source for the cube is a single fact table with
time dimension data (a datetime) in the first column and
time correlated (by row) data in the remaining columns.

Thanks,

Bob

1. Cons for each Cube having private time dimension

Folks,

I was contemplating creating private time dimensions for
each cube. Each private time dimension would have a
property at the year level for the current period.
This property would be used as a default for the private
time dimension.

The posting of the cubes are independently scheduled and
the current period of each private time dimension would be
updated after the data had been refreshed in that cube.

Would private time dimensions create any restrictions?
Can data be shared between cubes even though private time
dimensions are used?

Thanks
Gary

2. Automaticaly Faxing reports with MS Fax

3. Creating Private Dimension using DSO object

4. BIDIRECTIONAL

5. Virtual Cube - Private Dimension

6. Looking for another TDBImage component

7. How to add a "private" dimension to an OLAP cube using DSO

8. What is the purpose of an ODBC driver?

9. Create a virtual cube from two cubes with different time dimensions(levels)

10. using DSO to process/incremental update a cube/dimension

11. Can't create parent/child dimension via DSO

12. Creating virtual dimensions via DSO???

13. How to create a virtual dimension via DSO?