How to grant permissions to execute sql jobs?

How to grant permissions to execute sql jobs?

Post by Kasturi Huprik » Sun, 13 Jan 2002 03:34:56

I want to give the capability to all the team members who support and
monitor the sql jobs thru Enterprize Manager. But I want sa to be the
owner of the jobs. The team members should have the capability restart
the job at any step, stop... They can not change it but they should be
able to execute it.
How can I grant permissions for this? Is it possible?

Thanks..
kasturi

How to grant permissions to execute sql jobs?

Post by Michell » Fri, 15 Mar 2002 00:28:34

I'm looking for documentation on TargetServersRole.

Michelle

Quote:> I want to give the capability to all the team members who support and

Post by Michell » Fri, 15 Mar 2002 00:32:23

I'm looking for documentation on TargetServersRole.

Michelle

Quote:> I want to give the capability to all the team members who support and
> monitor the sql jobs thru Enterprize Manager. But I want sa to be the
> owner of the jobs. The team members should have the capability restart
> the job at any step, stop... They can not change it but they should be
> able to execute it.
> How can I grant permissions for this? Is it possible?

> Thanks..
> kasturi

1. EXECUTE Permission denied...What Execute permission????

When using an asp page to access a SQL Server 6.5 I get a response of
EXECUTE Permission Denied.

This occures when I try to open a recordset.

RS.Open "tablename", conn, 3,3

Its weird, I gave the user full access to select, insert etc but i get the
execute permission denied message. I only see an execute permission for
stored procedures, not tables.
If I hardcode it to use the sa account it works. As far as I can tell Ive
given this user all the permissions I can. Would this user need any access
to the other tables ie. master etc??

Thanks, Bob

2. ADO-2 Trusted Connections - HOW?

3. create proc grant execute with grant

4. Sql Server 7.0 Extraction & Transformation Tool

5. Permissions on DBASE file results in job not executing

6. OpenRoad Production PC problems

7. Permission to execute jobs but nothing else

8. HELP !!! Open Database with uppercase names

9. Executing DTS from T-SQL builiding, executing and destroying JOBs

10. Permissions, Grants and Logins on SQL 7.0

11. Granting exec permissions on xp_cmdshell to an AppRole in Sql 7.0

12. T-SQL Grant permission in multiple objects ?