Analysis Server Error: Internal error [Object does not exist]

Analysis Server Error: Internal error [Object does not exist]

Post by Dipa » Thu, 10 Oct 2002 03:16:10

We have started to do partioning by Invoice date and Different
Customer types. It works and the data does comeout correctly. But we
are  having problems when we truncate a Dimention table, incremental
process the dim and then process a partition. We get the error when we
process the partition ( Ananlysis Server Error: Internal error [Object
does not exist] '418809')
418809 is  a customer number in our customer dim. When we check the
dim table the customer 418809 is there...
At this point if we reporcess the entire database it will process
fine.

Yesterday I was able to truncate the customer dim table, repopulate it
and process the partion... but I was getting same error when I
truncated Product dim Table... with a product number in place of
'418809'.

We have to repopulate our dimention table due to the fact that
dimentions can change.
Everything I have read says that you can change the data in the Dim
tables as long as you do not change the structure of the dimention..
I have been working on this for several days and have run out of
things to try.

Any help would be nice.
Dipak Brahmbhatt