event ID 64001 File replacement in a cluster and event ID 64004

event ID 64001 File replacement in a cluster and event ID 64004

Post by fraxi » Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:46:21

Hi all,

I am getting this here in my event log

event id 64001
File replacement was attempted on the protected system file
c:\winnt\system32\clients\tsclient\win32\disks\disk1\acmsetup.exe. This file
was restored to the original version to maintain system stability. The file
version of the bad file is 3.1.0.1918, the version of the system file is
3.1.0.1918.

and

event ID 64004
The protected system file conf.exe could not be restored to its original,
valid version. The file version of the bad file is 4.4.0.3385  The specific
error code is 0x800b0100 [No signature was present in the subject.
].

and on some other files to, I am just wondering how to fix this, I have been
looking in some other news groups but I am unable to find any answers

any ideas

event ID 64001 File replacement in a cluster and event ID 64004

Post by Peter Coussemen » Tue, 25 Feb 2003 02:44:35

Hello,

1. You can check if everything is still intact by
 - SFC /SCANNOW
 AND
 - CHKDSK C: /F /R

2. Run a virusscanner to check if it's not caused by a virus

3. If still not fixed you can try to run catfix.bat which is part
   of the support directory of the Application Center CD. Catfix can deal
with corrupted
   catalog files.

Greetz

Peter Cous*t