TableDef equivalent in SQL

Post by Bob Pfeif » Sat, 05 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Depends on where you need to do this from (application or on the server).
ALTER TABLE is how you add a column in T-SQL which could be sent from an
application via ADO, it can also be done using SQL-DMO.  You could also do
this in Enterprise manager.

TableDef equivalent in SQL

Post by BPMargoli » Sat, 05 Feb 2000 04:00:00

SAM,

1. You could use SQL-DMO

2. (not recommended):
    select name
    from sysobjects
    where type = 'U'

3. select TABLE_NAME
     from INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES
     where TABLE_TYPE = 'BASE TABLE'

> I am in the process of adding Field (Owner) to the existing table of SQL
7.
> In Microsoft Access I can use the TableDef to programmatically add field
> them. But in SQL, I don't think It work that way. Could anyone suggest any
> alternative for enumerate the tables in SQL database.

> SAM

1. TableDef equivalent in SQL

I am in the process of adding Field (Owner) to the existing table of SQL 7.
In Microsoft Access I can use the TableDef to programmatically add field to
them. But in SQL, I don't think It work that way. Could anyone suggest any
alternative for enumerate the tables in SQL database.

SAM

2. ComboBox Control

3. Creating a Tabledef in Access to link to SQL Server Table

4. Paradox WIN question

5. transact sql equivalent of watcom sql statement

6. 19243-TX-AUSTIN-ORACLE-Project Management-Manager with Oracle background

7. Oracles handling of equivalent SQL statements and PL/SQL progs

8. stats on table use needed

9. Oracle equivalent to SQL-Server SQL

10. JET SQL equivalent for ANSI SQL GRANT

11. Equivalents of TableDef and tableDefs of DAO in ADO?

12. create tabledef

13. TableDef Method