BIG, BIG, BIG, BIG problem with SQL Server 2000 ENT. SP2 installed on Windows 2000 server when use xp_SendMail, xp_StartMail

BIG, BIG, BIG, BIG problem with SQL Server 2000 ENT. SP2 installed on Windows 2000 server when use xp_SendMail, xp_StartMail

Post by Simo » Sat, 23 Mar 2002 00:00:38

Hi
BIG, BIG, BIG, BIG problem with SQL Server 2000 ENT. SP2 installed on
Windows 2000 server when use xp_StartMail, xp_SendMail.

I have some jobs scheduled on SQLServerAgent, and when one job fail the
SQLServerAgent should be send me a warning by e-mail, but this don't work.

When I try to test SQL Mail from SQL Enterprise Manager it's all ok, but if
I try to send an e-mail with xp_sendmail this message appear:
    Server: Msg 18025, Level 16, State 1, Line 0
    xp_sendmail: failed with mail error 0x80004005

When I try to use xp_startmail this message appear:
    Server: Msg 18025, Level 16, State 1, Line 0
    xp_sendmail: failed with mail error 0x80004005

I heve try all knowledge base but the problem still there.
If I try to send e-mail, receive e-mail, open forlders form Outlook 2000
SR-1 installed on server all work fine.

I need to solve this problem at soon possible, please if someone have some
idea please reply to this post.
PS
( The exchange server version is 5.5)

Thank.

Simone

BIG, BIG, BIG, BIG problem with SQL Server 2000 ENT. SP2 installed on Windows 2000 server when use xp_SendMail, xp_StartMail

Post by Dinesh T » Sat, 23 Mar 2002 00:24:08

Simon,

A lot of talk is goin around relating to a bug in SP2 while using
xp_sendmail...pls check this url to check if you are hitting the same.
The workaround  of replacing the dll is mentioned in it.
(url may wrap)
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&selm=OxnG%24XKwBHA.2324%40tkmsf...

Hope that helps!!
G'luck!
Dinesh.
--
---
SQL Server FAQ at

> Hi
> BIG, BIG, BIG, BIG problem with SQL Server 2000 ENT. SP2 installed on
> Windows 2000 server when use xp_StartMail, xp_SendMail.

> I have some jobs scheduled on SQLServerAgent, and when one job fail the
> SQLServerAgent should be send me a warning by e-mail, but this don't work.

> When I try to test SQL Mail from SQL Enterprise Manager it's all ok, but
if
> I try to send an e-mail with xp_sendmail this message appear:
>     Server: Msg 18025, Level 16, State 1, Line 0
>     xp_sendmail: failed with mail error 0x80004005

> When I try to use xp_startmail this message appear:
>     Server: Msg 18025, Level 16, State 1, Line 0
>     xp_sendmail: failed with mail error 0x80004005

> I heve try all knowledge base but the problem still there.
> If I try to send e-mail, receive e-mail, open forlders form Outlook 2000
> SR-1 installed on server all work fine.

> I need to solve this problem at soon possible, please if someone have some
> idea please reply to this post.
> PS
> ( The exchange server version is 5.5)

> Thank.

> Simone

BIG, BIG, BIG, BIG problem with SQL Server 2000 ENT. SP2 installed on Windows 2000 server when use xp_SendMail, xp_StartMail

Post by Simo » Sat, 23 Mar 2002 22:14:24

Hi, Dinesh

I have replace sqlmap70.dll, now xp_startmail work fine, but xp_sendmail
don't work again, I have try to unregister the old dll and register the new
but isn't possible becauase regsvr32 give me this message:

sqlmap70.dll was loaded, but the DllUnregisterServer entry point was not
found.
DllUnregisterServer may not be exported, or corrupt version of sqlmap70.dll
may be in memory. Consider using PView to detect and remove it.

Thanks

Quote:> Simon,

> A lot of talk is goin around relating to a bug in SP2 while using
> xp_sendmail...pls check this url to check if you are hitting the same.
> The workaround  of replacing the dll is mentioned in it.
> (url may wrap)

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&selm=OxnG%24XKwBHA.2324%40tkmsf...

> Hope that helps!!
> G'luck!
> Dinesh.
> --
> ---
> SQL Server FAQ at
> www.tkdinesh.com

> > Hi
> > BIG, BIG, BIG, BIG problem with SQL Server 2000 ENT. SP2 installed on
> > Windows 2000 server when use xp_StartMail, xp_SendMail.

> > I have some jobs scheduled on SQLServerAgent, and when one job fail the
> > SQLServerAgent should be send me a warning by e-mail, but this don't
work.

> > When I try to test SQL Mail from SQL Enterprise Manager it's all ok, but
> if
> > I try to send an e-mail with xp_sendmail this message appear:
> >     Server: Msg 18025, Level 16, State 1, Line 0
> >     xp_sendmail: failed with mail error 0x80004005

> > When I try to use xp_startmail this message appear:
> >     Server: Msg 18025, Level 16, State 1, Line 0
> >     xp_sendmail: failed with mail error 0x80004005

> > I heve try all knowledge base but the problem still there.
> > If I try to send e-mail, receive e-mail, open forlders form Outlook 2000
> > SR-1 installed on server all work fine.

> > I need to solve this problem at soon possible, please if someone have
some
> > idea please reply to this post.
> > PS
> > ( The exchange server version is 5.5)

> > Thank.

> > Simone

BIG, BIG, BIG, BIG problem with SQL Server 2000 ENT. SP2 installed on Windows 2000 server when use xp_SendMail, xp_StartMail

Post by Sade Fashokun [MS » Thu, 28 Mar 2002 10:36:02

Let's know what errors you are getting / behavior you are experiencing when
you try to run xp_sendmail.
The sqlmap70.dll file is not one that needs to be registered.

Sade Fashokun
SQL Server Support
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no right.

BIG, BIG, BIG, BIG problem with SQL Server 2000 ENT. SP2 installed on Windows 2000 server when use xp_SendMail, xp_StartMail

Post by Simo » Thu, 28 Mar 2002 17:02:19

Hi

I have delete the old outlook profile and after have created a new one like
the older.
After this I have stopped and started the agent and now should be work.
I hope this a valid solution.

Thanks to ALL

> Hi
> BIG, BIG, BIG, BIG problem with SQL Server 2000 ENT. SP2 installed on
> Windows 2000 server when use xp_StartMail, xp_SendMail.

> I have some jobs scheduled on SQLServerAgent, and when one job fail the
> SQLServerAgent should be send me a warning by e-mail, but this don't work.

> When I try to test SQL Mail from SQL Enterprise Manager it's all ok, but
if
> I try to send an e-mail with xp_sendmail this message appear:
>     Server: Msg 18025, Level 16, State 1, Line 0
>     xp_sendmail: failed with mail error 0x80004005

> When I try to use xp_startmail this message appear:
>     Server: Msg 18025, Level 16, State 1, Line 0
>     xp_sendmail: failed with mail error 0x80004005

> I heve try all knowledge base but the problem still there.
> If I try to send e-mail, receive e-mail, open forlders form Outlook 2000
> SR-1 installed on server all work fine.

> I need to solve this problem at soon possible, please if someone have some
> idea please reply to this post.
> PS
> ( The exchange server version is 5.5)

> Thank.

> Simone

1. Installing SQL 2000 Server Standard vs big PC

Hi,

We would like to install SQL Server 2000 standard Edition
with one processor license on a Windows 2000 Advanced
server. The pc is equipped with 4 GB of ram and two
processor. Does the installation is possible and can we
configure SQL Server 2000 standard Edition to use only one
CPU and the 2 GB the license permit.

Later on (much later) we will buy the second processor
license. At this moment are we going to be able to add the
license and let it use the second CPU without reinstalling
SQL

Thank you for any advice.

2. INPUT MASK IN FORMS!

3. Big problem with SP2 for mssql 2000

4. SQL server licenses

5. Big Big Problem !!!

6. OLAP, Oracle, SQL, Financial Analyzer, Sales Analyzer, Contract

7. How to save and load big data to image type in SQL Server 2000

8. Stored Procedure

9. replication of big images fails, SQL Server 2000

10. QReport : BIG BIG Problem with memo-fields !!!

11. Big Big DAO problems... Please help

12. Big, big problems.

13. How big is too big for MS SQL database