export a table relationship diagram

Post by jane » Tue, 27 Aug 2002 22:53:42

Hello,

I have tried to export a table relationship diagram in SQL
2000. I followed the instruction on
us;Q320125
Everything has been imported to dtProperties table. I
believe that all the relationships are there. But the
figure which shows a relationship of tables is not there.
Does anybody know how to get the figure there?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

-J

export a table relationship diagram

Post by Allan Mitchel » Wed, 28 Aug 2002 04:03:11

Are you saying that the import/transfer of the dtproperties table was
successful but now you cannot see a relationship between two tables you
believe should have one?

If this is the case then I would suggest that maybe there isn't the
relationship in the database.

Have you tried creating a new diagram with just that one table.  Then
select the box that tells SQL Server to automatically add the related
tables as well.  Does it add any ?

--

Allan Mitchell
MCSE, MCDBA

export a table relationship diagram

Post by jane » Wed, 28 Aug 2002 05:53:28

Thanks for your help.

When I just add one table and checked on "Add related
tables automatically". It didn't add any other related
tables. I also tried to add all tables, but it only
automatically built the relationships with some of tables.
Do you have any idea?

Thanks so much again!

-J

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Are you saying that the import/transfer of the

dtproperties table was
Quote:>successful but now you cannot see a relationship between
two tables you
>believe should have one?

>If this is the case then I would suggest that maybe there
isn't the
>relationship in the database.

>Have you tried creating a new diagram with just that one
table.  Then
>select the box that tells SQL Server to automatically add
the related
>tables as well.  Does it add any ?

>--

>Allan Mitchell
>MCSE, MCDBA
>www.SQLDTS.com

>.

export a table relationship diagram

Post by Allan Mitchel » Wed, 28 Aug 2002 06:34:18

If a new diagram didn't make the relationship in the new DB then they
do not exist.  Taking across a diagram with those relationships in
place from another version will not honour the old relationships.

Recreate them is my answer.

--

Allan Mitchell
MCSE, MCDBA