Importing MS Access Table into SQL 2000

Post by Gare » Tue, 12 Feb 2002 21:39:03

Hello People!

Can anyone please tell me what is the best method to import an MS
Access table into SQL Server 2000?

It seemed to work in SQL Server 7.0, but the Import option doesn't do
anything in SQL 2000...

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Gareth.

Importing MS Access Table into SQL 2000

Post by David Russ, CN » Wed, 13 Feb 2002 02:00:30

Gareth,

Try exporting it from Access.  It should work fine.  Although, it will
most likely require a DSN to do it.  I have done this many times into
SQL 2000.  Hope this helps.

Best regards,
David Russ, CNE, DBA
http://home.earthlink.net/~fdruss/

Importing MS Access Table into SQL 2000

Post by Paul » Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:37:28

If your using Access 2000, isn't there an upsizing tool built in?

Quote:> Hello People!

> Can anyone please tell me what is the best method to import an MS
> Access table into SQL Server 2000?

> It seemed to work in SQL Server 7.0, but the Import option doesn't do
> anything in SQL 2000...

> Any help would be greatly appreciated..

> Gareth.

Importing MS Access Table into SQL 2000

Post by Gare » Wed, 13 Feb 2002 22:35:23

Thankyou very much for your help guys, it has worked very well using
the upsizing wizard in Access XP.

Thanks again for your help..

Gareth