Copying packages

Post by Rinu Varghes » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 20:13:26

Hello!
I recently upgraded one of my SQL Server from SQL 7 to 2K.  I didn't do
a true upgrade.   I installed SQL 2K and then copied the databases over.
I was wondering if there was a way to copy the DTS packages that I have
set up under SQL 7.

Any input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Copying packages

Post by Geoff N. Hite » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 20:55:03

Load them into Enterprise Mangler.  Select 'Save As...' from the file menu.
Save them to the new server.

It is theoretically possible to copy the correct rows from the SQL tables
that store the DTS packages on the MSDB database, but that is unsupported,
undocumented, and IMHO not worth the hassle.

--
Geoff N. Hiten
Senior Database Administrator

Quote:> Hello!
> I recently upgraded one of my SQL Server from SQL 7 to 2K.  I didn't do
> a true upgrade.   I installed SQL 2K and then copied the databases over.
> I was wondering if there was a way to copy the DTS packages that I have
> set up under SQL 7.

> Any input is greatly appreciated.
> Thanks

Copying packages

Post by Rinu Varghes » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 21:33:23

Thank you very much.

It worked.

Copying packages

Post by Rinu Varghes » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 21:53:45

Thank you very much.

It worked.

1. Copying Package to Unconnected SQL Server

I have developed a DTS Package on my home development
computer that I now need to install on my client's
computer.

I'm not connected to my client's system, so my choice on
the Save As menu appears to be between Structure Storage
File and Visual Basic File.  It's not clear to me,
however, how these files are to be used.

What I was really hoping to find was some way to generate
a script that I could copy onto a disk or send by email,
then run on the other computer to recreate the package.
Is such a thing possible?

2. Index Seek Vs Index Scan

3. copy package or procedure from one schema to another

4. US-NJ-SENIOR DATABASE PROGRAMMER

5. Copying Packages with Layout

6. multiple values using Lookup()

7. Copy Packages

8. ODBC ROUTER for Mac, Win95, NT

9. Copy Package to other Server

10. Copying packages...

11. Failure on an execution of a simple data copy package

12. DTS - Copy Packages

13. How to move/copy packages!!