Help with MS SQL Server 6.5 Problem

Post by Drakkon- » Fri, 21 Nov 1997 04:00:00

I have MS-SQL Server 6.5 installed on a Windows NT server with SP3 for
NT and also the SP3 for MS SQL Server 6.5.  My co-employees encountered
the following errors, being new to MS SQL server I was unable to solve
this so I hope some of you can help me out.

PROBLEMS:
1. Error During Delete

Delete Master File (No detail file referring to it is CREATE)
SQLSTATE=37000
[Microsoft] [ODBC SQL Server Driver] [SQL Server]
Unable to bind foreign key constraint. Too many tables involved in
query.

2. ALTER TABLE

Add a Column with NO NULLS  - Does not allow?
Delete Column - How ?

- could not ALTER TABLE
- TO ALTER, DROP THEN CREATE TABLE DATA NEEDS TO BE BACKED UP.

I'll try to post the SQL statements involved tomorrow as I do not have
their problem report at the moment, but if anyone out there has an idea,
I'd appreciate it if you could help. Thanks.

Help with MS SQL Server 6.5 Problem

Post by Stuart Minga » Sat, 22 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Surely though, he wants to change the columns on the newtable, if you use
sp_rename you just get an exact copy?

... or have I missed something?

Stuart

--

[snip]

>> - TO ALTER, DROP THEN CREATE TABLE DATA NEEDS TO BE BACKED UP.

>Right. The easiest way to do this is:

[snip]

Quote:>3. sp_rename newtable, oldtable

[snip]

1. Need Help with ODBC/MS SQL Server 6.5/Peer Web Server 3.0/Frontpage Problem

I am looking for help with the following problem:

I receive the following error when trying to execute a stored procedure
that is called through an .idc file in my FrontPage web:

" [State=37000][Error=103][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL
Server]The identifier that starts with 'A01,B01,C01,D01,' is too long.
Maximum length is 30. "

The stored procedure gets passed a variable which is a variable length
string made up of comma separated values (values from a multiple-select
checkbox set).  In my stored procedure, I have allowed for this to be a
maximum of 60 characters in length, and when I execute it in a SQL
Server query window, the stored procedure works just fine.  However,
when I execute it through the .idc file in the Frontpage web, I get the
above error.

Here is another interesting feature to this problem...I have a local
copy of the same web.  When I execute the sp from my machine (so, I am
going over the network using ODBC to get the data from another machine),
it does work.  It just doesn't work on the machine on which the web and
database both are.

My ODBC SQL Server Driver is version 2.65.0240.  The one on the other
machine is 2.65.0201.  I have service pack three.  The other machine has
service pack 1.  We tried updating it to service pack three, but that
did not update the driver to the .0240 version, and the problem remains.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could help with this.

Thanks,
Sudha

2. crosstab table

3. Help Convert MS Access SQL to MS SQL Server 6.5

4. Semi static data

5. Migration from MS Access 7.0 to MS SQL Server 6.5 - NEED HELP

6. Transfering data sructure from a devt box to a production box

7. MS ACCESS 97/Sql server 6.5: deadlock problems when accesing server tables

8. Please HELP...!

9. MS ACCESS 97/SQL server 6.5: deadlock problems when accessing server tables

10. MS SQL Server 6.5 and MS Exchange 5.5 on same server

11. Help with running an SQL query in MS-SQL Server 6.5

12. Linked Server MS SQL 7 to MS SQL 6.5

13. migrating sql databases sever 6.5 from sql server 6.5 to another sql server 6.5