MSSQL 6.5 View created with other Views

Post by Edilmar Alve » Wed, 08 Dec 1999 04:00:00

When I try to use a view created in MSSQL 6.5 into a Delphi 4 app,
it arises this error message:

Msg 2805, Level 18, State 0
Bad pointer  0x1b3538e encountered while remapping stored procedure
'GrupoConta'. Must re-create procedure.
Msg 4401, Level 16, State 2
View 'GrupoConta' no longer exists.

This view is created with other views like this:

/* Views de Grupos de Contas - Receber e Pagar */
Create View GrupoContaCR (Tipo, CodTipo, DescTipo)
 As
 Select 'C' Tipo, T1.CodGrupoCR CodTipo, T1.Descricao DescTipo
  From GrupoCR T1
go
Create View GrupoContaCP1 (Tipo, CodTipo, DescTipo)
 As
 Select 'D1' Tipo, T1.CodGrupoCP CodTipo, T1.Descricao DescTipo
  From GrupoCP T1
  Where Upper(T1.Descricao) not like "%INVESTIMENTO%"
go
Create View GrupoContaCP2 (Tipo, CodTipo, DescTipo)
 As
 Select 'D2' Tipo, T1.CodGrupoCP CodTipo, T1.Descricao DescTipo
  From GrupoCP T1
  Where Upper(T1.Descricao) like "%INVESTIMENTO%"
go
Create View GrupoConta (Tipo, CodTipo, DescTipo)
 As
    Select Tipo, CodTipo, DescTipo
     From GrupoContaCR
    Union
    Select Tipo, CodTipo, DescTipo
     From GrupoContaCP1
    Union
    Select Tipo, CodTipo, DescTipo
     From GrupoContaCP2
go

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

MSSQL 6.5 View created with other Views

Post by Neil Pik » Wed, 08 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Edilmar - what SP of SQL 6.5 are you on?  Below is one possible bug.  If it
isn't this, then please provide a repro script.

PSS ID Number: Q158401
Article last modified on 04-03-1999

6.5

WINDOWS

 - Microsoft SQL Server version 6.5

BUG #: 16027

SYMPTOMS
========

Selecting from a view which has nested selects in its text may cause errors
2804
or 4401, if the SELECT is run after recycling the server. The text of each
error
message is:

   Msg 2805, Level 18, State 0
   Bad pointer 0x13a5388 encountered while remapping stored procedure
   'vw21'. Must re-create procedure.

   Msg 4401, Level 16, State 2
   View 'vw21' no longer exists.

WORKAROUND
==========

Drop and re-create the view after recycling server. The problem occurs as a
result of the view resolution at server startup.

STATUS
======

Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft SQL Server version
6.5. This problem has been corrected in U.S. Service Pack 2 for Microsoft SQL
Server version 6.5. For more information, contact your primary support
provider.

 (Please reply only to newsgroups)
 SQL FAQ (374 Entries) see

 or www.ntfaq.com/sql.html (+ ntfaq download)
 or http://www.sql-server.co.uk

1. Creating a local view using CREATE SQL VIEW

I need to create a local view in a database using FoxPro/SQL commands.

I can create the view with fields & join conditions by:
    CREATE SQL VIEW viewname AS SELECT...
but I do not seem to have control over the items on the "Update Criteria"
tab in the View Designer.

How about copying a local view from one database to another?

I have seen reference to Stonefield (SDT) a number of times. Would it solve
my problem?

TIA,

yuki

2. Local To Server ???????

3. view designer says error when using mssql functions in remote views

4. FoxPro2.0 Screen Builder Snag with Push Buttons, Help

5. Bug found in CREATE VIEW (6.5)

6. 'Show me all those records currently not selected'

7. Creating Views shutsdown SQL server 6.5

8. sp_xml_preparedocument LARGE XML doc

9. Creating a pseudo index on a SQL 6.5 view

10. create indexs in Views Based on Views

11. how to create view in data view by usong ODBC

12. create view on a v$ view