Error 1069 when starting SQL Server

Post by patrickbruyn.. » Tue, 15 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I get always the following error when starting or connecting to SQL
Server 7.0 on Windows NT:

Error 1069: (the service did not start due to a logon failure) occured
while performing this service operation on the MSSQLServer service.

So I can't start the server anymore....!!

Anyone a clue ??

Thanks,
Patrick

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Error 1069 when starting SQL Server

Post by Tibor Karasz » Tue, 15 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Patrick,

It seems like Service Control Manager on NT uses the wrong NT password. Make
sure that pw is OK (control Panel, Services, MSSQLServer, startup).

--
Tibor Karaszi
MCDBA, MCSE, MCSD, MCT, SQL Server MVP

Quote:

> I get always the following error when starting or connecting to SQL
> Server 7.0 on Windows NT:

> Error 1069: (the service did not start due to a logon failure) occured
> while performing this service operation on the MSSQLServer service.

> So I can't start the server anymore....!!

> Anyone a clue ??

> Thanks,
> Patrick

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Error 1069 when starting SQL Server

Post by tahi.. » Wed, 01 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I had a problem identical to Patrick's and was
able to get around it using Tibor's suggestion.

Thanks a lot!

Tahir Sheikh
P.S. It is rather surprising that this issue
doesn't show up in Microsoft's on-line Support
database.

Quote:> Patrick,

> It seems like Service Control Manager on NT

uses the wrong NT password. Make
Quote:> sure that pw is OK (control Panel, Services,

MSSQLServer, startup).

> --
> Tibor Karaszi
> MCDBA, MCSE, MCSD, MCT, SQL Server MVP
> Cornerstone Sweden AB
> Please reply to the newsgroup only, not by
email.

> > I get always the following error when

starting or connecting to SQL
Quote:> > Server 7.0 on Windows NT:

> > Error 1069: (the service did not start due to

a logon failure) occured
Quote:> > while performing this service operation on

the MSSQLServer service.

Quote:

> > So I can't start the server anymore....!!

> > Anyone a clue ??

> > Thanks,
> > Patrick

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Error 1069 (SQL Server Service Did Not Start Due to a Logon Failure)

Hi,

I hope that someone can help me. I am developing
ColdFusion applications and the only way for a CF server
to connect with MS SQL is to specify the Username and the
Password attributes. When the SQL server is instaled by
default it does not required them. So i changed my MS SQL
setup and changed the properties in the Administrative
Tools >Services, and entered the username and password I
specified in the MS Sql setup. I of course first changed
the option Local account to This account and there I
entered the username (from the setup). This creates the
error i specified.I think that the problem is in the MS
SQL setup. When I try to select Service Settings > Use a
domain user account I get a message (The logon account
cannot be identified). How to set up a domain account and
all the previous that I described.
How is the domain Username/Password set? I need to use
them in order to work.

Thanks!

2. SPL and upper(): How to compare character with code 255?

3. Error 1069 when starting Windows 2000 Pro with SQL 7

4. Autostarting SQL Server Agent

5. SQL 7.0 Service Manager error 1069 - (The service did not start due to a logon failure

6. DSN to remote SQL7 behind firewall

7. Starting SQL Service gives 1069 error

8. insert blank row in select

9. login failure 1069 unable to start sql server after changing NT password

10. Error 1069 - Service did not start due to a logon failure

11. error 1069 - (The service did not start due to logon failure)

12. Error 1069 - The Service did not start due a logon failure