Setup SQLServer Access Behind Proxy Firewall

Setup SQLServer Access Behind Proxy Firewall

Post by Shawn P. Wilso » Mon, 06 Apr 1998 05:00:00

I would like to set up MSSQL Server 6.5 access behind a Microsoft Proxy 2.0
firewall (on different machines).  The SQL Server currently runs well inside
the firewall.  I would like to use the IP address of the firewall and point
to the SQL Server through socket 1433 (the default).  To date I have
implemented the tech article on adding the lines to the MSP client ini file
in the SQL Server directory and have used credtool to register the
application on the SQL Server host.  It doesn't work yet and I am having
problems troubleshooting the configuration.

I have a couple questions:
-Is there a good reference with more information on this topic.
-On the client outside the firewall, all I should have to do is connect to
the firewall IP and it should redirect all traffic on port 1433 to the SQL
Server host inside the firewall.  Is this correct?
-What is the best way to trouble shoot this setup?  I have looked at the
Proxy logs but it didn't seem to show anything.

TIA->Shawn Wilson