xpsql.cpp: Error 997 from GetProxyAccount

xpsql.cpp: Error 997 from GetProxyAccount

Post by Ludwi » Fri, 08 Nov 2002 07:52:46

I run this Store procedure in local machine and it works:

exec sp_archplano '20021101','20021130'

But I tried in an remote machine and display this issue:

Msg 50001, Level 1, State 50001
xpsql.cpp: Error 997 from GetProxyAccount on line 472

The user have this:

Permissions: All

Server Roles:
System Administrator, Security Administrator, Process
Administrator.

Database Acess:
DB Master with Database Role of db_owner, db_accessadmin,
db_securityadmin, db_ddladmin, db_datareader, db_datawriter

What else I can do, to make it work?
Thx.

  sp_ArchPlano.sql
2K Download

xpsql.cpp: Error 997 from GetProxyAccount

Post by oj » Fri, 08 Nov 2002 12:25:51

the remote server has been patched with a security hot-fix (665).

--restrict to admin only. 1=yes, 0=no

--
-oj
http://www.rac4sql.net

Quote:> I run this Store procedure in local machine and it works:

> exec sp_archplano '20021101','20021130'

> But I tried in an remote machine and display this issue:

> Msg 50001, Level 1, State 50001
> xpsql.cpp: Error 997 from GetProxyAccount on line 472

> The user have this:

> Permissions: All

> Server Roles:
> System Administrator, Security Administrator, Process
> Administrator.

> Database Acess:
> DB Master with Database Role of db_owner, db_accessadmin,
> db_securityadmin, db_ddladmin, db_datareader, db_datawriter

> What else I can do, to make it work?
> Thx.

1. xpsql.cpp: Error 997 from GetProxyAccount on line 472

I recently posted a message querying for help creating a file from SQL
Server 2000 that did not use xp_cmdshell because of securty issues. As a
first approach, and not taking care of it, I have granted public group to
execute xp_cmdshell so that they could do:

I thought that granting execution rights to that XP would be enough, but it
seems it is not. Now, everytime a user (not administrator) tries to execute
that XP they get the following error:

xpsql.cpp: Error 997 from GetProxyAccount on line 472

What should I do to allow my users execute that XP and hence, be able to
write out a simple text file ?

Thanks in advance.

2. VB, Visual SourceSafe and SQL server

3. xpsql.cpp Error 997 from Get Proxy Account

4. Btrieve for Dos under NT(Citrix)

5. HELP - xpsql.cpp: Error 87 from GetProxyAccount

6. Contract: Oracle 9i Database (Developers)

7. [ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]xpsql.cpp: Error 87 from GetProxyAccount on line 604

8. Please Recommend JDBC XA Driver

9. Error 997 from GetProxyAccount on line 472

10. xp_cmd dtsrun Error 997 from GetProxyAccount

11. BUG - xpsql.c error 997 on line 465

12. xpsql.c: Error 997 from GetPassword on line 465