How to use the flat file provider with VB6 automated DTS

How to use the flat file provider with VB6 automated DTS

Post by Scott Mile » Thu, 24 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Does anyone have an example of using the flat file OLE DB provider
(dtsffile.dll) to build a DTSDataPumpTask object.?   I would like to create
a DTS package implemeted as an ActiveX exe and I can't find any
documentation on programming the transformation of text file data using VB
or VB script.

How to use the flat file provider with VB6 automated DTS

Post by Euan Garde » Fri, 25 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi Scott,
The easiest way to do this is to write your program and then use BillHo's
program
(script package) to look at the properties of the connection.

-Euan

Quote:> Does anyone have an example of using the flat file OLE DB provider
> (dtsffile.dll) to build a DTSDataPumpTask object.?   I would like to
create
> a DTS package implemeted as an ActiveX exe and I can't find any
> documentation on programming the transformation of text file data using VB
> or VB script.

1. Using the OLE DB flat file provider to automate DTS w/VB6

Does anyone have an example of building a DTSPumpTask using the dtsffile.dll
OLE DB provider in order to create an ActiveX component that will transform
flat file data?  How would you write the ADO connect string code to do so?
I would like to build a very flexible component that will grab a file and
using predefined file specs loaded from a database table and metadata from
the destination db, do a transformation/import into SQL Server.  Thanks for
any help.

Scott Miles

2. SQL and Novell

3. Accessing Flat files through DTS Flat File OLE DB Provider

4. WANTED: one good database

5. Documentation for DTS Flat File Provider

6. OK Gurus - one to test you re Triggers

7. SQL Server DTS Flat File OLE DB Provider

8. VB6 data on network server

9. Using DTS in VB6 : provider name for Excel

10. convert fixed width Flat file to db2 tables using SQL DTS 2000

11. inserting into sql server 7.0 from flat file using DTS

12. Using the DTS dtsffile.dll in an ActiveX component to transform flat file data