Help! Can't drop merge subscriber tables

Help! Can't drop merge subscriber tables

Post by Richard McCart » Tue, 14 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I have been trying to establish merge replication. After building the merge,
before starting the merge agent, I discovered I needed to change the
structure of the one of the publishing tables. I deleted the publication and
made the modification.
However, The subscriber tables cannot be modified nor delete.(they still
believe their doing replication.)

I've completely removed replication from the publisher but this has no
effect on the old subscriber.

What do I do?

Thanks in advance

Richard McCarty

Help! Can't drop merge subscriber tables

Post by KNV » Tue, 14 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Before deleting the publication, you should unsubscribe to avoid this
situation.

Execute the following procedure on all those tables which you can't modify.

Exec sp_MSunmarkreplinfo 'Your_Table_Name'

--
KNV
Check out http://members.tripod.com/~vyaskn/SQLServerRes.html for SQL Server

I have been trying to establish merge replication. After building the merge,
before starting the merge agent, I discovered I needed to change the
structure of the one of the publishing tables. I deleted the publication and
made the modification.
However, The subscriber tables cannot be modified nor delete.(they still
believe their doing replication.)

I've completely removed replication from the publisher but this has no
effect on the old subscriber.

What do I do?

Thanks in advance

Richard McCarty

1. Can't drop table on subscriber in merge replication

Hi,

I set up a merge replication with sync_type = automatic, which means
the schema and initail data are transferred to the subscriber first.
But it failed with an error message says that it can't drop table on
the subscriber because of constraint. Is SQL Server 7 supposed to take
care of this? It not, what should I do? I can't drop the constraint on
the subscriber.

Thanks a lot, Jack

3. MERGE REPL: Initial snapshot creates a new table schema at Subscriber's site

4. Brainteaser: SQL Aggregate Syntax help needed

5. I don't merge data from Subscriber to Publisher

6. Merge Replication: a record from Publisher isn't inserted to Subscriber

7. Trying to push a dynamic merge subscription using subscriber's computer name

8. Can't drop subscriber

9. Merge replication - Same table as publisher and subscriber ?

10. central subscriber, cannot drop table ...

11. HELP!! Can't drop temp table