OLEDB Drivers for Data Transformation Services

OLEDB Drivers for Data Transformation Services

Post by Jefferson, Ra » Tue, 16 Nov 1999 04:00:00



Anybody know if/where I can find OLEDB drivers for Exchange 5.5?  I would
like to automate a Data Transformation Service procedure in SQL 7, but SQL 7
does not come with OLEDB drivers for Exchange.

Thanks,

RJ

 
 
 

OLEDB Drivers for Data Transformation Services

Post by Neil Pik » Wed, 17 Nov 1999 04:00:00


RJ,

Quote:> Anybody know if/where I can find OLEDB drivers for Exchange 5.5?  I would
> like to automate a Data Transformation Service procedure in SQL 7, but SQL 7
> does not come with OLEDB drivers for Exchange.

Q.     How can I access Exchange stores from SQL Server?
(v1.1  1999.10.19)

A. Several methods :-

1.  Purchase an ODBC/OLE-DB driver from Intersolv.

2.  Set-up a connection to the *.?DB files from Access 2000.  Then make this
Access 2000 database a linked-server from SQL Server.  (Access 2000's JET
drivers are capable of reading the Exchange files).

3.  Wait for Platinum/Exchange 6/Exchange 2000 (or whatever it's called today)
to be released.  This will ship with an OLE-DB driver that can be used directly
from SQL Server.

4.  Use ADSI as a linked server.  You must have ADSI 2.5 installed.

sp_addlinkedserver 'ADSI', 'Active Directory Service Interfaces',
'ADSDSOObject', 'adsdatasource'
go
select * from openquery(adsi, 'select * from ''LDAP://<<ExchangeServerName>>"')
go

 Neil Pike MVP/MCSE.  Protech Computing Ltd
 (Please reply only to newsgroups)
 SQL FAQ (365 entries) see

 or www.ntfaq.com/sql.html (+ ntfaq download)
 or http://www.swynk.com/faq/sql/sqlserverfaq.asp
 or http://www.sql-server.co.uk

 
 
 

OLEDB Drivers for Data Transformation Services

Post by Jefferson, Ra » Wed, 17 Nov 1999 04:00:00


Thanks for the info.

I'm trying to avoid ADSI & MAPI for the task I need.  I knew there would be
an OLEDB driver for Exchange with Exchange 6 (2000), but I don't know when
we'll be moving to that. And I checked out Intersolv's Connect OLE DB, but
it doesn't indicate anywhere that it supports Exchange.

Thanks anyway though,

RJ


Quote:> RJ,

> > Anybody know if/where I can find OLEDB drivers for Exchange 5.5?  I
would
> > like to automate a Data Transformation Service procedure in SQL 7, but
SQL 7
> > does not come with OLEDB drivers for Exchange.

> Q.     How can I access Exchange stores from SQL Server?
> (v1.1  1999.10.19)

> A. Several methods :-

> 1.  Purchase an ODBC/OLE-DB driver from Intersolv.

> 2.  Set-up a connection to the *.?DB files from Access 2000.  Then make
this
> Access 2000 database a linked-server from SQL Server.  (Access 2000's JET
> drivers are capable of reading the Exchange files).

> 3.  Wait for Platinum/Exchange 6/Exchange 2000 (or whatever it's called
today)
> to be released.  This will ship with an OLE-DB driver that can be used
directly
> from SQL Server.

> 4.  Use ADSI as a linked server.  You must have ADSI 2.5 installed.

> sp_addlinkedserver 'ADSI', 'Active Directory Service Interfaces',
> 'ADSDSOObject', 'adsdatasource'
> go
> select * from openquery(adsi, 'select * from

''LDAP://<<ExchangeServerName>>"')

- Show quoted text -

> go

>  Neil Pike MVP/MCSE.  Protech Computing Ltd
>  (Please reply only to newsgroups)
>  SQL FAQ (365 entries) see

>  or www.ntfaq.com/sql.html (+ ntfaq download)
>  or http://www.swynk.com/faq/sql/sqlserverfaq.asp
>  or http://www.sql-server.co.uk

 
 
 

OLEDB Drivers for Data Transformation Services

Post by Neil Pik » Thu, 18 Nov 1999 04:00:00


Ray - call Intersolv.  I'm 99% certain they do one...

 Neil Pike MVP/MCSE.  Protech Computing Ltd
 (Please reply only to newsgroups)
 SQL FAQ (365 entries) see

 or www.ntfaq.com/sql.html (+ ntfaq download)
 or http://www.swynk.com/faq/sql/sqlserverfaq.asp
 or http://www.sql-server.co.uk

 
 
 

1. Btrieve to SQL Server using Data Transformation Services and Data Direct ODBC Driver

I've created a Data Transformation Services package in Enterprise
Manager that has a Transform Data Task to convert Btrieve 6.15 records
to SQL Server 2000 rows. When I execute the package from within
Enterprise Manager, the task works fine. However, when I schedule the
job to run thru the SQL Server agent, the task fails with the message
"[MERANT][ODBC Btrieve driver][Btrieve]The Record Manager is not
loaded." The only way I can get the task to execute as a scheduled job
is to bring up my DDF Builder utility while I'm running the job, in
which case the task executes successfully.

Except for the Btrieve data on an NT server, everything is on my
Windows 2000 machine (SQL database, DTS package).  I'm using the
"MERANT DataDirect Connect ODBC Version 4.00 for Windows" driver, and
the Btrieve data is retrieved using the Btrieve 6.15 for Windows NT
Server Edition.

2. debugging stored procedures

3. Data Transformation Services

4. Creating a primary key

5. SQL 7.0 Data Transformation Services

6. How to find the sql associated with a transaction?

7. SQL Data Transformation services

8. Microsoft Data Transformation Service(DTS) Package Error

9. Data Transformation Services

10. Data Transformation services

11. Data Transformation Service

12. microsoft data transformation services