MS-SQL connection problem

Post by Chris Burt » Thu, 24 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I have MS-SQL server 5.x and have been using it on and off for the
past few weeks, but all of a sudden we are having a problem connecting
to the MSSQLserver.  we have search the WWW for help and have come up
with nothing usefull - we have followed all the FAQ files and nothing
seems to work.  We can't afford to waste time uninstalling and
re-installing MS-SQL. we have ran the SQL service manager and have
stopped all services and managed to restart all of them apart from the
MSSQLServer section.

Could some one please help me as we are in a rut

Chris

MS-SQL connection problem

Post by Chris Burt » Thu, 24 Jun 1999 04:00:00

????

Quote:>I have MS-SQL server 5.x and have been using it on and off for the
>past few weeks, but all of a sudden we are having a problem connecting
>to the MSSQLserver.  we have search the WWW for help and have come up
>with nothing usefull - we have followed all the FAQ files and nothing
>seems to work.  We can't afford to waste time uninstalling and
>re-installing MS-SQL. we have ran the SQL service manager and have
>stopped all services and managed to restart all of them apart from the
>MSSQLServer section.

>Could some one please help me as we are in a rut

>Chris

MS-SQL connection problem

Post by Erland Sommarsk » Thu, 24 Jun 1999 04:00:00

>I have MS-SQL server 5.x and have been using it on and off for the
>past few weeks, but all of a sudden we are having a problem connecting
>to the MSSQLserver.  we have search the WWW for help and have come up
>with nothing usefull - we have followed all the FAQ files and nothing
>seems to work.  We can't afford to waste time uninstalling and
>re-installing MS-SQL. we have ran the SQL service manager and have
>stopped all services and managed to restart all of them apart from the
>MSSQLServer section.

>Could some one please help me as we are in a rut

No, we can't help you. At least my capabilities of clairvoyance
are severly hampered. You don't give us error logs or anything.
It is not even clear from your message what you problem actually
is: you can't get SQL Server to start? Or you can get it to
start, but you can't connect to it?

--

When it comes to Swedish summers there's only one thing you can rely on, and
that is that they are completely unreliable.

MS-SQL connection problem

Post by Christoph Muthman » Fri, 25 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi Erland,
we have fixed this problem yesterday in another newsgroups by a hint to
Neil's page.

Have a nice day,
Christoph

>No, we can't help you. At least my capabilities of clairvoyance
>are severly hampered. You don't give us error logs or anything.
>It is not even clear from your message what you problem actually
>is: you can't get SQL Server to start? Or you can get it to
>start, but you can't connect to it?

>--

>When it comes to Swedish summers there's only one thing you can rely on,
and
>that is that they are completely unreliable.

1. help ms-sql connection problem

I have MS-SQL server 6.5 and have been using it on and off for the
past few weeks, but all of a sudden we are having a problem connecting
to the MSSQLserver.  we have search the WWW for help and have come up
with nothing usefull - we have followed all the FAQ files and nothing
seems to work.  We can't afford to waste time uninstalling and
re-installing MS-SQL. we have ran the SQL service manager and have
stopped all services and managed to restart all of them apart from the
MSSQLServer section.

Could some one please help me as we are in a rut

Chris

2. Getting events from SQL packages (DTS)

3. Help ms-sql connection problem

4. Test

5. MS SQL Connections Problem!! t

6. onbar??

7. Problem with Connection Pervasive SQL 2000 an MS SQL Server 7.0

8. RS6000 RJ45 to DB9 pinout?

9. Problem for connection to MS-SQL 6.5

10. Mac ODBC 16-bit / DB-Library DBCONNECT / MS SQL Server 7 Connection Problem

11. Problem: Changing the User alials in MS SQL Server 6.5 for an active connection