adding visual component manager - MASTER DB??

adding visual component manager - MASTER DB??

Post by Heathe » Wed, 08 Mar 2000 04:00:00

A VB programmer here was trying to add visual component manager and
even though he used the pubs database all these sp's and table have
been created in the master database.

Some examples of tables are spt_committab, spt_datatype_info, spt_values

Is this okay?  What did he do?

Thanks for any info

Heather Haake

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

adding visual component manager - MASTER DB??

Post by Tibor Karasz » Thu, 09 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Heather,

You'd have to ask that question in a "Visual Component Manager" newsgroup.
But, my guess is that it is alright, and the people that wrote that tool
decided that the tool would be better off with some stuff in the master
database (sp_'s, for instance are global if in master etc).

--
Tibor Karaszi, Cornerstone Sweden AB
MCDBA, MCSE, MCSD, MCT, SQL Server MVP

Quote:> A VB programmer here was trying to add visual component manager and
> even though he used the pubs database all these sp's and table have
> been created in the master database.

> Some examples of tables are spt_committab, spt_datatype_info, spt_values

> Is this okay?  What did he do?

> Thanks for any info

> Heather Haake

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1. Restore Master DB to db other than Master?

We would like to run some queries against a MS SQL (6.5, sp5a) master db
from an 'out-of-service' server.  We have a copy of the original master as
SQL tape
backup.  Can we restore this tape backup copy to a database - say one called
master restore - on another server with same version as original.  Or can
you restore a master db backup only to a db named master.

Thanks
John Klaas
Data Administration
Babson College
Babson Park, MA
voice: 781-239-4585

2. SQL Statement?

3. visual components manager vj++6

4. UniVerse 9 upgrade problems?

5. Adding user tables to master db

6. ++++ componentware ++++ new event ++++

7. Master DB not in Enterprise manager 7.0

8. DataGrid Scroll problem

9. Master DB not listed in Enterprise Manager

10. Use Visual DB Components or Code?

11. Multi-master Replication: Add/Remove Master Sites

12. Visual DB Tools Add-In for VB5?

13. FS: Mastering Microsoft Visual Basic 4.0 and Visual C++ 4.0 CD-ROMs