Having parameter problems scripting DTS execution from ASP

Having parameter problems scripting DTS execution from ASP

Post by Mike Chilso » Thu, 21 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I am writing an ASP script to execute a package on a SQL Server and am
getting the following error:

Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package error '80070057'
The parameter is incorrect.
test.asp, line 7

Here is my asp script up to the execute line:
1    'The usual stuff
2    Option Explicit
3    Response.Buffer = True
4    Dim objDTSPkg   'DTS package
5    'First, let's execute the DTS package and wait for it to finish
6    Set objDTSPkg = CreateObject("DTS.Package")
7    objDTSPkg.LoadFromSQLServer
"SERVER","webuser","anypassword",256,"","","","DTS_DUMP"
8    objDTSPkg.Execute
9    'Clean up
10  objDTSPkg.Uninitialize()
11  Set objDTSPkg = Nothing

As you can see the problem is with the LoadFromSQLServer method. I have
verified that all the parameters are correct. Any ideas?
Thanks!
Mike Chilson

Having parameter problems scripting DTS execution from ASP

Post by J » Thu, 21 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I have run into this when i have a diiferent version of the DTS Object
Library installed on the client

Quote:> I am writing an ASP script to execute a package on a SQL Server and am
> getting the following error:

> Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package error '80070057'
> The parameter is incorrect.
> test.asp, line 7

> Here is my asp script up to the execute line:
> 1    'The usual stuff
> 2    Option Explicit
> 3    Response.Buffer = True
> 4    Dim objDTSPkg   'DTS package
> 5    'First, let's execute the DTS package and wait for it to finish
> 6    Set objDTSPkg = CreateObject("DTS.Package")
> 7    objDTSPkg.LoadFromSQLServer
> "SERVER","webuser","anypassword",256,"","","","DTS_DUMP"
> 8    objDTSPkg.Execute
> 9    'Clean up
> 10  objDTSPkg.Uninitialize()
> 11  Set objDTSPkg = Nothing

> As you can see the problem is with the LoadFromSQLServer method. I have
> verified that all the parameters are correct. Any ideas?
> Thanks!
> Mike Chilson

Having parameter problems scripting DTS execution from ASP

Post by Mike Chilso » Thu, 21 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Thanks, but the web and the SQL servers are on the same physical server.

> I have run into this when i have a diiferent version of the DTS Object
> Library installed on the client

> > I am writing an ASP script to execute a package on a SQL Server and am
> > getting the following error:

> > Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package error '80070057'
> > The parameter is incorrect.
> > test.asp, line 7

> > Here is my asp script up to the execute line:
> > 1    'The usual stuff
> > 2    Option Explicit
> > 3    Response.Buffer = True
> > 4    Dim objDTSPkg   'DTS package
> > 5    'First, let's execute the DTS package and wait for it to finish
> > 6    Set objDTSPkg = CreateObject("DTS.Package")
> > 7    objDTSPkg.LoadFromSQLServer
> > "SERVER","webuser","anypassword",256,"","","","DTS_DUMP"
> > 8    objDTSPkg.Execute
> > 9    'Clean up
> > 10  objDTSPkg.Uninitialize()
> > 11  Set objDTSPkg = Nothing

> > As you can see the problem is with the LoadFromSQLServer method. I have
> > verified that all the parameters are correct. Any ideas?
> > Thanks!
> > Mike Chilson

Having parameter problems scripting DTS execution from ASP

Post by J » Thu, 21 Sep 2000 04:00:00

ok, the only other thing i could suggest is to have the login and password
match the login and password of the package owner

Post by Darren Gree » Thu, 21 Sep 2000 04:00:00

>Thanks, but the web and the SQL servers are on the same physical server.

>> I have run into this when i have a diiferent version of the DTS Object
>> Library installed on the client

>> > I am writing an ASP script to execute a package on a SQL Server and am
>> > getting the following error:

>> > Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package error '80070057'
>> > The parameter is incorrect.
>> > test.asp, line 7

<snip>

I bet you have edited on the package from your workstation. Try running
the Pkg via EM on the server to prove the point.

dtsinvalidclassstring
Q: I get the error "The parameter is incorrect," "Invalid class string"
or "The system cannot find the file specified" when trying to open or
execute a DTS Package. What should I do?
A: This is caused by incompatibilities between the DTS package format of
SQL Server 7 RTM or SQL Server 7 Service Pack 1 and SQL Server 7 Service
Pack 2 or SQL Server 2000.
You cannot edit or run a package on a pre-SP2 machine once an SP2 or SQL
2000 machine has saved it, unless you use a package password. The
standard format used to save packages has been changed after SP1. The
encrypted package format, however, is the same, so using a package
password will bypass the issue. Alternatively, open a version of the
package prior to the SP2/2000 edit, and only save changes using RTM or
SP1 tools.
The message "The system cannot find the file specified" is specific to
SQL 2000, for which the standard format has changed again from that of
SQL 7.0 SP2. The use of a package password will overcome this issue as
well.
Further enhancements to ensure full compatibility are expected in SQL
Server 7.0 Service Pack 3, including the ability to save packages in
either SQL 7.0 SP2 or SQL 2000 format.
v1.03 2000.07.06
Applies to SQL Server versions: 7.0, 2000
FAQ categories: DTS, Troubleshooting
Related FAQ article: n/a
Related Microsoft Knowledge Base article: n/a
Other related information: n/a
Author: Darren Green

--
Darren Green
SQL/DTS - http://www.swynk.com/friends/green/

Having parameter problems scripting DTS execution from ASP

Post by Mike Chilso » Thu, 21 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Ok.. That's what it is My WS is on 7.0 SP2 and the server is 7.0 Sp1. I
rebuilt the package on the server and it works!
Thanks!
Mike

> >Thanks, but the web and the SQL servers are on the same physical server.

> >> I have run into this when i have a diiferent version of the DTS Object
> >> Library installed on the client

> <snip>

> I bet you have edited on the package from your workstation. Try running
> the Pkg via EM on the server to prove the point.

> dtsinvalidclassstring
> Q: I get the error "The parameter is incorrect," "Invalid class string"
> or "The system cannot find the file specified" when trying to open or
> execute a DTS Package. What should I do?
> A: This is caused by incompatibilities between the DTS package format of
> SQL Server 7 RTM or SQL Server 7 Service Pack 1 and SQL Server 7 Service
> Pack 2 or SQL Server 2000.
> You cannot edit or run a package on a pre-SP2 machine once an SP2 or SQL
> 2000 machine has saved it, unless you use a package password. The
> standard format used to save packages has been changed after SP1. The
> encrypted package format, however, is the same, so using a package
> password will bypass the issue. Alternatively, open a version of the
> package prior to the SP2/2000 edit, and only save changes using RTM or
> SP1 tools.
> The message "The system cannot find the file specified" is specific to
> SQL 2000, for which the standard format has changed again from that of
> SQL 7.0 SP2. The use of a package password will overcome this issue as
> well.
> Further enhancements to ensure full compatibility are expected in SQL
> Server 7.0 Service Pack 3, including the ability to save packages in
> either SQL 7.0 SP2 or SQL 2000 format.
> v1.03 2000.07.06
> Applies to SQL Server versions: 7.0, 2000
> FAQ categories: DTS, Troubleshooting
> Related FAQ article: n/a
> Related Microsoft Knowledge Base article: n/a
> Other related information: n/a
> Author: Darren Green

> --
> Darren Green
> SQL/DTS - http://www.swynk.com/friends/green/

Having parameter problems scripting DTS execution from ASP

Post by Joe Horto » Sat, 07 Oct 2000 04:00:00

This tip saved my life...Putting a password on the DTS and saving it worked
the bomb!

> Ok.. That's what it is My WS is on 7.0 SP2 and the server is 7.0 Sp1. I
> rebuilt the package on the server and it works!
> Thanks!
> Mike

> > >Thanks, but the web and the SQL servers are on the same physical
server.

Object

> am

> > <snip>

> > I bet you have edited on the package from your workstation. Try running
> > the Pkg via EM on the server to prove the point.

> > dtsinvalidclassstring
> > Q: I get the error "The parameter is incorrect," "Invalid class string"
> > or "The system cannot find the file specified" when trying to open or
> > execute a DTS Package. What should I do?
> > A: This is caused by incompatibilities between the DTS package format of
> > SQL Server 7 RTM or SQL Server 7 Service Pack 1 and SQL Server 7 Service
> > Pack 2 or SQL Server 2000.
> > You cannot edit or run a package on a pre-SP2 machine once an SP2 or SQL
> > 2000 machine has saved it, unless you use a package password. The
> > standard format used to save packages has been changed after SP1. The
> > encrypted package format, however, is the same, so using a package
> > password will bypass the issue. Alternatively, open a version of the
> > package prior to the SP2/2000 edit, and only save changes using RTM or
> > SP1 tools.
> > The message "The system cannot find the file specified" is specific to
> > SQL 2000, for which the standard format has changed again from that of
> > SQL 7.0 SP2. The use of a package password will overcome this issue as
> > well.
> > Further enhancements to ensure full compatibility are expected in SQL
> > Server 7.0 Service Pack 3, including the ability to save packages in
> > either SQL 7.0 SP2 or SQL 2000 format.
> > v1.03 2000.07.06
> > Applies to SQL Server versions: 7.0, 2000
> > FAQ categories: DTS, Troubleshooting
> > Related FAQ article: n/a
> > Related Microsoft Knowledge Base article: n/a
> > Other related information: n/a
> > Author: Darren Green

> > --
> > Darren Green
> > SQL/DTS - http://www.swynk.com/friends/green/

1. DTS using ASP execution order problem

Is there a way to specify the execution order of the steps, tasks,
using VBScript on an ASP page?

I am having a problem with the execution order of a dts package that I
am running from ASP page. I have setup constraints, on success,
workflows and the package works fine from the Enterprise Manager Design
View. However, the package when run using vbvscript on an ASP page runs
out of order causing the package to fail.

thanks,

Yit

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. $$ Consultant Available $$ Oracle DBA, Oracle 7.3.2, HP/UX 10.20, SQL*Loader Sybase (4.9.2, 10 & 11)

3. Problem with DTS script execution

4. - Oracle Engagement Manager

5. Having trouble executing DTS within ASP page

6. Security is not Applyed

7. Problem with DTS Package Execution with DTS RUn from SQL or VB

8. Need accounting source code

9. Trouble with DTS Execution from ASP Page

10. DTS Package execution w/parameters

11. DTS Package Execution from scripts

12. DTS error message - cannot initialize script execution engine