Copy a Text datatype field from one table to another

Copy a Text datatype field from one table to another

Post by jason_schai.. » Thu, 23 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I'm not into SQL so deep that I fully understand pointers, BLOBs and
curors yet but I know there has to be an easy solution to what I'm
trying to do.

I'm using SQL 7.0

Our company can't use MDAC 2.1, this prevents me from using the 8k
varchar datatype with ADO (Right?). I'm using the Text Blob datatype
like in the days of SQL 6.5.

Table A and table B are identical. Table A and B have a column that is
a TEXT datatype. I want to copy the data from table A's text column to
table B's text type column?

Can this really be so hard? what am I missing.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.