DTS Error:

Post by Shilpa Khambhat » Thu, 04 Oct 2001 04:35:57

I have created DTS package  in SQL 7  to import excel file.
I am able to execute the package from VB on Development server which runs
off of SQL 7.  But the production server runs off of SQL 2000. When I try to
run my vb script to execute the package in Production,  it gives me
following Error :

1. When I use the Default Connection to SQL 2000

The error I get is     '%1 not found'

2. When I Use Trusted Connection

The error I get is 'Login not found for user xxxx

DTS Error:

Post by Euan Garde » Thu, 04 Oct 2001 14:51:12

I suspect you are trying to load a DTS 2000 package via the COM objects from
7.0, this will not work unless you specify a password or are running SP3 on
the 7.0 box

--
-Euan

Hello, I'm the humble disclaimer. Nobody really likes me. I'm used to being
ignored and maligned - I still get the job done. If you cared enough to read
me, you'd learn that this posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. ? 2001 Microsoft
Corporation. All rights reserved.

Quote:> I have created DTS package  in SQL 7  to import excel file.
> I am able to execute the package from VB on Development server which runs
> off of SQL 7.  But the production server runs off of SQL 2000. When I try
> run my vb script to execute the package in Production,  it gives me
> following Error :

> 1. When I use the Default Connection to SQL 2000

> The error I get is     '%1 not found'

> 2. When I Use Trusted Connection

> The error I get is 'Login not found for user xxxx

DTS Error:

Post by Shilpa Khambhat » Thu, 04 Oct 2001 20:54:33

Thank You Euan,
       I created package in SQL 7 sp2 and has a password. I don't know the
version of DTS Package. Can you please give more details. Also how to get
around this. If I generate package in SQL 2000 with sp3 would solve the
problem?

-Shilpa

> I suspect you are trying to load a DTS 2000 package via the COM objects
from
> 7.0, this will not work unless you specify a password or are running SP3
on
> the 7.0 box

> --
> -Euan

> Hello, I'm the humble disclaimer. Nobody really likes me. I'm used to
being
> ignored and maligned - I still get the job done. If you cared enough to
read
> me, you'd learn that this posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
> and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. ? 2001 Microsoft
> Corporation. All rights reserved.

> > I have created DTS package  in SQL 7  to import excel file.
> > I am able to execute the package from VB on Development server which
runs
> > off of SQL 7.  But the production server runs off of SQL 2000. When I
try
> > run my vb script to execute the package in Production,  it gives me
> > following Error :

> > 1. When I use the Default Connection to SQL 2000

> > The error I get is     '%1 not found'

> > 2. When I Use Trusted Connection

> > The error I get is 'Login not found for user xxxx

1. DTS Error-2147217887 (80040E21) Error string: Errors occurred

Hi there,

I'm running a batch job which executes a DTS package by using the DTSRUN.EXE
command.

When I run the DTS interactivly or using DTSrun myself it loads and runs
tasks successfully

When I execute the job in a batch file using DTS it throws the following
error for every task

Error = -2147217887 (80040E21)

Error string: Errors occurred

Is anyone familiar with this error? Perhaps it's an environment/permissions
error?

Thanks!

2. Segmentation Faults under RedHat 6.0

3. DTS Error - Could Not Create Instance of DTS Package

4. CPU usage monitoring question

5. DTS error migrating dts saved to file packages.

6. T-SQL delete algorithm prob

7. Programming DTS from C++ - and DTS Error Messages

8. A plea to all c.l.p.d.* readers

9. DTS Error - Could Not Create Instance of DTS Package

10. SQL 7, NT4->W2K, DTS from Theads, now DTS errors intermittently (but not repeatably)

11. DTS Error - Could Not Create Instance of DTS Package

12. DTS error: unspecified error

13. DTS Error running from Stored Procedure: Error opening datafile: Access denied