refresh data in a data mining model

Post by mariann » Thu, 01 Mar 2001 20:04:38

Hello,
I'm working with SQLServer 2000 and I'm using Analysis Manager to create from a
relational or OLAP data source a data mining model using microsoft clustering.My
problem is this:
I need to refresh the data mining model using visual basic code and not just the
interface proposed by Analysis Manager. The help suggest me a solution that uses
DSO, but I need to refresh the model using OLEDB. How can I do?

Thanks in advance

Marianna

refresh data in a data mining model

Post by Krishna Medur » Wed, 07 Mar 2001 05:35:15

Hello Marianna,

I am not sure what do you mean by refreshing your model, but I can think of
two scenarios.

1. Model is server-side changed (using Analyses Manager or DSO), while
OleDB clients are still connected to the server.

In this case you do not have to do anything - just go ahead and re-train
the model. The clients will get automatically the new model.

2. You want to change / train the model programmatically

You can do this only through DSO due to security reasons (and the user has
to be an Olap administrator). Altering a server side mining model is a
surgical operation, i.e. an administrative task.

In a VB project you have to reference "Microsoft Decision Support Objects".
The code should look like:

Private Sub Command1_Click()
    Dim srv As New DSO.Server
    Dim mds As DSO.MDStore
    Dim mm As DSO.MiningModel

    On Error GoTo ErrH

    srv.Connect "MyServer"

    Set mds = srv.MDStores("MyDatabase")
    Set mm = mds.MiningModels("MyMiningModel")

    mm.Process processFull

    Set mm = Nothing
    Set mds = Nothing
    srv.CloseServer

    Set srv = Nothing
    Exit Sub
ErrH:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    ' Cleanup stuff
End Sub

Hope this helps...

Regards,
Raymond

1. Data mining using SQL server,problems with Data mining model wizard

I am trying to make a (data mining) association rule
mining software (applying it to a supermarkets database)
using SQL SERVER, OLE DB DM and VISUAL BASIC 6.0.
I had a few questions and was hoping that someone could
help me regarding SQL server:

1. I have seem to have downloaded all the programs
necessary to run and create the mining model but am facing
problems: Where am i to SAVE all these downloads that i
need to run my association rule software with? in one
folder? in the C:PROGRAM FILES FOLDER? or should i make a
separate folder for them all? downloads include MDAC 2.7,
angoss visualization tools etc...

2. What PROVIDERS are necessary to run an association rule
mining program? The error i keep getting when i use SQL
server 2000 (using DTS and angoss visualization tools, ole
db) is "LOOK FOR MSDMine..." where can i find it so i can
download it? what are the default providers that you get
with SQL SERVER AND OLE DB DM?

3. When I try to create a MINING MODEL using the data
mining model wizard (SQL SERVER) and the Data Transmission
Package, i DO NOT get a list of the possible databases
that i can use (even though they are present and i can
manipulate them in the analysis manager), and i DO NOT get
a list of possible data mining algortihms to choose
from... one of the solutions for this problem on the
internet was to download microsoft SP 2, but it did not
work. any suggestions?

2. Secondary Index Lockmodes

3. Prediction using OLAP Data Mining Model and Data Cubes

4. ADO VC++ Beginner Question

5. Data Wharehouse - Data Mining - Data Stage - ......

6. Creating an extended stored proc

7. Data Mining model help...

8. ASP and SQL7 on Unicode support

9. Querying Data Mining Models

10. Filling out the Prediction Tree List of Data Mining Model Browser

11. Problems Using the Data Mining Model Browser

12. data mining model browser

13. Mining model using relational data