NT Task Manager (MS Sql Enterprise - No Response)

NT Task Manager (MS Sql Enterprise - No Response)

Post by M. Samso » Thu, 23 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I have had the same problem when I changed the newtwork protocol.
I simply had to remove and re register the server to get back in.
Hope this helps.
--
-M. Samson Dunatunga, PhD Systems Engineering

database design, reporting, query, demo tools and freebees

NT Task Manager (MS Sql Enterprise - No Response)

Post by Neil Pik » Sat, 25 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Ozie,

 Don't know why you'd be getting this - does SQL EM work from other machine(s)?

 Neil Pike MVP/MCSE
 Protech Computing Ltd (MS Solution Provider)
 Using Virtual Access 4.02 build 244 (32-bit) on NT 4.0 SP3

1. VERY SLOW SQL response via Enterprise Manager

Dear All,
  Immediately after installing Oracle client software on
SQL Server 2000 I have a problem. Enterprise Manager takes
a very long time to execute ANY instruction (i.e. Open EM
itself, Open Database, Open a table ... anything) LOCALLY.

This isn't particular to just Oracle install, I have had
this issue before, only last time I resorted to a complete
rebuild to overcome the problem.

I have replaced sqldmo.dll as per MS knowledgebase article
(Service Pack 2 or above), however I thought this wouldn't
fix the issue anyhow.

When you do any task remotely on another machine (via EM)
the same tasks/instructions runs quicker!!!

When logged on the SQL Server machine (locally) and
running EM, it seems to be accessing Network a VERY lot
each time you do a task (open db, table etc.)as though it
doesn't realise that the SQL is local. (I suspect this is
why it takes longer to execute a task locally rather than
remotely).

I think a dll(s) has been replaced since the install?

Somebody must have also had this same experience.
Any Ideas/comments are appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul

**Please reply via Newsgroup**

2. how can i references list errors libraly of SQL server ?

3. why Sql Enterprise Manager response very slow

4. Public Domain C/C++ library of DB functions wanted

5. ERROR MESSAGE

6. DTS Tasks Missing In SQL 7 Enterprise Manager After SQL 2000 Tools Loaded

7. Port from Excel/VBA to Access/VB

8. Urgent: Unable to run scheduled tasks from SQL Enterprise Manager

9. Add remote Sybase SQL Server in MS SQL Enterprise Manager

10. Slow response in Enterprise Manager

11. Oracle Enterprise Manager on NT vs Oracle Enterprise on UNIX

12. Add remote Sybase SQL Server in MS SQL Enterprise Manager