Setup failed due to SSL

Post by Steve Wi » Mon, 14 Jan 2002 17:01:11

I am trying to install SQL 2K in a (Win2K Advanced Server)
but failed due to the followin error (frm the log).

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]SSL
Security error

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]
ConnectionOpen (SECDoClientHandshake()).

SQL Server configuration failed.

Any gives?

  sqlstp.log
19K Download

Setup failed due to SSL

Post by Farooq Mahmud [M » Tue, 15 Jan 2002 18:08:24

Hello Steve,

Try saving and removing all certificates on the server. Then retry the
install.

Regards,
Farooq Mahmud [MS SQL Support]

Are you secure?  For information about the Strategic Technology Protection
Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
http://www.microsoft.com/security.

Setup failed due to SSL

Post by steve wi » Tue, 15 Jan 2002 22:32:49

Thanks Farooq for the help - however, the problem refused
to go away. I have cert authority installed on my server
but I did not issue any certs - so there are no certs for
backing up or removal. I stopped certificate service as
well as all other services as much as I could and retry a
few times, it still did not work It happend after the file
copy was done and the thing tried to start the SQL server
service.

The server is for the development purposes and there are
no users at the moment.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hello Steve,

>Try saving and removing all certificates on the server.
Then retry the
>install.

>Regards,
>Farooq Mahmud [MS SQL Support]

confers no rights.

>Are you secure?  For information about the Strategic

Technology Protection
Quote:>Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please
visit
>http://www.microsoft.com/security.

>.

Setup failed due to SSL

Post by Farooq Mahmud [M » Sat, 19 Jan 2002 18:16:20

Could you attach the SQL Server setup log (sqlstp.log) and Windows
Application and System logs (saves in text format) please? Could you also
run the following in DOS and send me the resulting keys.txt file:

certutil -key > c:\keys.txt

Regards,
Farooq Mahmud [MS SQL Support]

Are you secure?  For information about the Strategic Technology Protection
Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
http://www.microsoft.com/security.

1. cnfgsvr.exe fails during setup with SSL Security errors

Installation SS2k as a additional instance on a box with 7.0 (Build 842)
installed at the default instance. Defaults for all installation choices
except for the data directory.

We wind up with an "SSL Security error" when cnfgsvr.exe tries to connect to
the SQL Server.

Anyone got any great revelations on this one? It's pretty cryptic (no pun
intended).

2. AdPersistXml .... Is this a bug? URGENT HELP NEEDED

3. Failed Setup, Max Lenght of Computer Name on Setup

4. datatype in view

5. SSL setup

6. Upgrade to SQL7 Desktop to Standard Edition?

7. SSL/SQL2K setup on NT 4.0?

8. US-IL-ORACLE MANUFACTURING CONSULTANT

9. SSL Setup Issue

10. problem is due to bde in setup of app

11. The setup routine for MS Access driver could not be loaded due to system error 3

12. SQL Server 2K configuration failed - setup failed

13. MSDE Setup fails on Windows XP with InstallSQLAgentSecurity failed