ver 6.5 vs 7.0 Syntax err

Post by Ron » Sat, 15 Dec 2001 01:15:41

why does this get a syntax error
on ver 6.5

ver 6.5 vs 7.0 Syntax err

Post by Tibor Karasz » Sat, 15 Dec 2001 01:23:19

Ron,

You couldn't do variable assignment with SET on 6.5. Use SELECT instead:

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP

> why does this get a syntax error
> on ver 6.5

ver 6.5 vs 7.0 Syntax err

Post by Robert Ware [M » Wed, 19 Dec 2001 08:04:53

That should address your issue.

Robert Ware
*  This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
*  Please do not send email directly to this alias.Respond to newsgroup

Are you secure?  For information about the Strategic Technology Protection
Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit,
please visit http://www.microsoft.com/security.

--------------------

Quote:>From: "Tibor Karaszi"

http://groups.google.com/groups?oi=djq&as_ugroup=microsoft.public.sql...

>> why does this get a syntax error
>> on ver 6.5

1. Triggers in SQL ver 6.5 and SQL ver 7.0

Hello,

I have a table called STUDENTS and STUDENTS_LOG.

I have created a TRIGGER on STUDENTS table that executes automatically when
I attempt to Insert or update the STUDENTS table.  The trigger adds a record
into STUDENTS_LOG using the INSERTED logical  table. This is to keep a
history of all modifications in the STUDENTS table.
------------------------------------
CREATE TRIGGER TRIG_STUDENT ON dbo.STUDENTS

FOR INSERT,UPDATE
AS

  INSERT INTO STUDENTS_LOG SELECT *  FROM INSERTED
-------------------------------------

STUDENTS table contains an IDENITY field.  I use a stored procedure to add a

other purposes.
STUDENTS_LOG table does not contain any IDENTITY fields

This operation worked fine with SQL ver 6.5

command in the TRIGGER

Why?

Thankyou for your time.

Gina Geurgis
The University of Queensland

2. Apex DBGrid VB 4.0 - (realy a Newbie Question Help!)

3. RAISERROR syntax SQL 6.5 vs SQL 7.0

4. Have anyone use AppServer for 3 tier client server development?

5. new join syntax faster 7.0 vs 6.5?

6. Problems with ODBC and ArcView

7. T SQL syntax - upgrading from ver 6.5 to 2000

8. ODBC and special characters

9. HELP: returnsrows after upgrade ver 6.5 to 7.0

10. 7.0 vs 6.5 compatability in SQL 7.0

11. Ver 6.5 SQL Server ERROR seen on 7.0: Losing DTC Service May Leave Orphaned Transactions (Q195542)

12. 7.0 vs 6.5 compatibility level in SQL 7.0.

13. Database Comparison Tool ( Ver 6.5 or 7.0 )