As a beta subscriber who has implemented multiple beta implementations
of SP3 on multiple boxes, I was feeling pretty good that SP3 wasn't
going to break any of my stuff and indeed would fix a handful of
problems I was having.
Nice thought, but OUCH not reality. This has been the single most
painful service pack I've ever dealt with going back to the SQL Server
6.5 days (when there were a lot of less than adequate service packs). I
got the SP installed OK on one server, but on another it completely
system. I've tried everything I can think of. I completely uninstalled
both SQL Server and Analysis Services...even blowing away the remants
left behind by the uninstaller in the various folders. Nothing
works...my system is completely torched. I've reinstalled SQL Server
and Analysis Services multiple times, but I can't get past the same
crazy error. When I open up Analysis Manager and try to connect I get
Cannot connect to the repository.
OLAP server: MyServer
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no
I've obviously checked the connection string setting and it correctly
points to the genericc shipping .MDB file. I'll provide an update when
I find a work around.
*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!