Help, GUI tools not working anymore - SQL7 SP3 - Workstation NT 4.0 SP6a

Help, GUI tools not working anymore - SQL7 SP3 - Workstation NT 4.0 SP6a

Post by Isabelle A. Melni » Fri, 24 Aug 2001 00:53:57

I apologize in advance for the repeat, I posted this question to other
newsgroups in order to figure out a quick fix/solution.

Since I installed SP3 yesterday morning, I can't open up Enterprise
Manager (mmc 1.1) and I can't open Query Analyzer.
I get the snap-in error with EM and "SQLGUIGetOS not located in
SQLGUI.dll"
error with Query Analyzer.

I do know that the data are not corrupted, at least at first sight:
I was able to link tables from an MS Access file (to the Northwind
DB).

Enterprise Manager is the only application that uses MMC on my
workstation.

Is there a fix or workaround?

I tried to reinstall SP6a on NT workstation: nothing changed
I tried to reinstall MDAC 2.5: nothing changed.
I tried to reinstall MMC 1.1: nothing changed.

Please, help me,

Thanks in advance,

Isabelle

Help, GUI tools not working anymore - SQL7 SP3 - Workstation NT 4.0 SP6a

Post by Jasper Smit » Fri, 24 Aug 2001 04:08:30

Have you tried reinstalling enterprise manager ?

Help, GUI tools not working anymore - SQL7 SP3 - Workstation NT 4.0 SP6a

Post by Isabelle A. M » Fri, 24 Aug 2001 05:30:48

Quote:>Have you tried reinstalling enterprise manager ?

You mean re-installing the SQL client tools?
Not yet.

Help, GUI tools not working anymore - SQL7 SP3 - Workstation NT 4.0 SP6a

Post by Isabelle A. M » Sat, 25 Aug 2001 04:18:10

Maybe not be the fastest path to do it, but it worked.

I had to de-install and remove the MSSQL7 directory,
and its sub directories.  Rebooted.
Installed SQL7.0 entirely. Rebooted (prompted to it anyway)
Installed SQL7.0's SP3, rebooted (prompted there too)
Looked in SQL EM and everything was back to normal.