4000 users in a 1000 user bag.

Post by Rob » Thu, 15 May 2003 22:49:50

O.K. i need a little pre-config help.

Lets say my x440 8way 1.4ghz zeon 8gb Ram hyperthreaded to
16way logical CPU can handle 1600 users tops with a 80%
usage.

SQL 2k sp3

Lets also say there are components that wont allow for a
Write database with Read only databases down the line?

How can I set this up?
There are a couple of databases associated with each
account... If I put each database on its own raidset I
think it might handle it? havent tested that yet.

Any brainstormers out there? 2003/ is DFS even possible?

1. Problem inserting more then 1000 chars in varchar(4000) column

Dear all,

Can anybody help me out with this problem,

I am using SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition.
I have a column x as varchar(4000) in y table.
The problem is that it doesn't accept more then 1021 chars
as the column data. The length of the column is 4000.

Please can anyone tell me what is the problem and/or help
me solve it.

Thanks in advance
Aniket

2. Dont see my Strings! PANIC! (Imported from Access)

3. Ideal SUN Server(s) Configuration for 4000 Users

4. Fun with "master" rebuilding

5. Performance on returning 1000+ records from user function

6. A liitle knowldege . .

7. 1000 concurrent users?

8. Y2k and Pick (again)

9. MTS, Tuxedo, 1000 users, connections

10. Oracle 8i server for 1000 users, what choice ?

11. Supporting 1000 user sessions on Solaris, Linux or Windows

12. MTS, Tuxedo, 1000 users, connections