Configuring SQL Server 6.0 to Start Microsoft Mail Session

Configuring SQL Server 6.0 to Start Microsoft Mail Session

Post by Robert A. Bak » Thu, 21 Aug 1997 04:00:00

All -

I am having trouble configuring SQL Server 6.0 to start an MS Mail session
upon startup. The post office is located on the same server as SQL Server. I
am using the LocalSystem account for both SQL Server and SQL Executive. I have
configured SQL Server via SQL Setup (Select Server Options/Mail Login,etc) to
use a valid MS Mail account (I can send and receive mail with the account). I
am getting a MAPI login failure (Error 17903) and a Failed to Start Microsoft
Mail Session (Error 17951) in the Event Log when booting up.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Robin Baker

1. SQL Mail - Failed to start SQL Mail session

Hi,

I have followed the previous threads on the subject and can't get SQL Mail
to work with an Outlook Internet service on the same machine.  (I haven't
got it to work with anything else either, as Internet mail is all I have :-)

I am set up like this (names changed to protect the guilty).

Logged into NT 4. as "adminguy" with password "adminpass".
SQL Server configured for "NT Security".
"Profile Name" in Outlook "adminguy".
The "adminguy" Outlook profile has only the "Internet mail" Service.
"adminguy's" Internet mail is working and he is able to send and receive
mail and I've left Outlook open!

In the SQL Setup, I provide the "Profile Name" of "adminguy".

The documentation shows other fields including password, etc., but with SQL
Server 6.5, I can't find these - only "profile name".

Now when I try to start the service, I get the following error in the log:

98/03/24 15:56:36.02 ods      MAPI login failure.
98/03/24 15:56:36.02 ods      Error : 17951, Severity: 18, State: 1
98/03/24 15:56:36.02 ods      Failed to start SQL Mail session.

Where have I gone wrong? Help please.

Many thanks,

Monu

2. Oracle-L list server

3. Unable to start mail session in SQL Server 7

4. LICS'99: 2nd Call for Papers

5. Configure Microsoft Outlook & SQL Mail

6. Error Message ENCMUPDT

7. Failed to start SQL Mail session?

8. Self-referring to table_name in query

9. Failed to start SQL Mail session

10. Error 17952 Failed to Start SQL Mail Session

11. Error 17952: Failed to start SQL Mail Session - HELP PLEASE

12. Microsoft ADO Data Control 6.0(SP4) (OLEDB) and Microsoft DataGrid 6.0 (SP5) (OLEDB)

13. OpenClient and/or web.sql on SGI IRIX to Microsoft SQL Server 6.0