WhatsUp and Replication

Post by Mark Fitchet » Sat, 26 Jan 2002 17:52:20

Hi

I am using WhatsUp Gold to monitor an SQL box but occasionally SQL
replication dies.  The box is still up and running SQL so WhatsUp doesn't
see the failure.

I was wondering if anyone had a better solution while I try to fix the
replication issue !

Thanks

Mark.

WhatsUp and Replication

Post by Frank S » Wed, 20 Feb 2002 03:59:27

Are you looking for a way to monitor Replication's status? If so, try using
Alert (under SQL Agetn --> Alert) for Replication: Agent failure.  You can
configure the alert to send out emails, page you, or do a net send when
Replication agent fails.

Thanks!

Frank Sun
Microsoft SQL Server Support

reserved.

1. Replication fails over a VPN (Merge Replication)

My Merge replication fails over a VPN and I don't know what to try. Looking
at the Job History in Enterprise Manager I see the following:

1.
Uploading data changes to the Publisher
Result: In Progress

2.
Processing deletions from HIPPO.SSWData
Result: In Progress

3.
Category:COMMAND
Source:  Failed Command
Number:
Message: {call sp_MSdummyupdate (?,?,?,?,0)}
Result: In Progress

4.
Category:SQLSERVER
Source:  CHOOK
Number:  64
Message: Communication link failure
Result: In Progress

5.
The process could not deliver dummy update at the Subscriber.
Result: Retry

Then Retries 10 times and fails.... Any things I can try?

Adam
Check out these HOT UTILITIES FOR ACCESS AND VB DEVELOPERS....
www.ssw.com.au
* SSW Data PRO  - Version Control for your data.mdb
* SSW Data Renovator  - Compare the differences between two data.mdb's
* SSW Upsize PRO! - Don't UPSIZE to SQL Server without it

2. about data report left margin

3. Replication - replication truncation point?

4. Determine when a replication have finished

5. replication WITHOUT replication

6. SQL 90-Demo questions

7. Briefcase replication and SQL replication

8. Sybase FAQ: 4/16 - section 3

9. Access 97/Replication Manager -> SQL Server replication

10. How to start/stop replication agent for transactional replication via Transact SQL

11. NEWBIE: SMTP-based replication?/DDL Replication?

12. Enabling Replication Changes Identity to (NOT FOR REPLICATION)

13. Merge replication with identity value ranges using not for replication option