SQL6.5 --> Access7.0

Post by Eric Voig » Wed, 13 May 1998 04:00:00

Hi there,

for migration of an ASP-website I need to convert a quite small database
that is currently running on the SQL-Server 6.5 to a local Access7.0
machine.

Any idea.... ?

thanks in advance
Eric

SQL6.5 --> Access7.0

Post by Bob Pfeif » Wed, 13 May 1998 04:00:00

Use Get External Data from the Access File menu and choose Import.  The
dialog that comes up lets you select ODBC for a source, and you can then use
an existing ODBC data source, or create a new one.

--
Bob Pfeiff, MCSD
Spectrum Technology Group, Inc.

SQL6.5 --> Access7.0

Post by Charlie Barret » Wed, 03 Jun 1998 04:00:00

oops... Sorry, I thought you were going the OTHER way!!!

> Hi there,

> for migration of an ASP-website I need to convert a quite small database
> that is currently running on the SQL-Server 6.5 to a local Access7.0
> machine.

> Any idea.... ?

> thanks in advance
> Eric

SQL6.5 --> Access7.0

Post by Charlie Barret » Wed, 03 Jun 1998 04:00:00

The free Access97 "Upsize Wizard" (available from
http://support.microsoft.com/support/downloads I think, when the website
works - try during off-peak hours) works okay for small databases. For large
databases, it sucks, though, because it does the transfer in one
transaction, and thus requires HUGE log files, which cannot be shrunk down
in size after you're finished!!!

Examine the Modules section of the upsize wizard for global declarations
that allow you to modify a few important things you can't modify in the GUI
(like timeout values).

-Charlie Barrett

> Hi there,

> for migration of an ASP-website I need to convert a quite small database
> that is currently running on the SQL-Server 6.5 to a local Access7.0
> machine.

> Any idea.... ?

> thanks in advance
> Eric

1. Update problem with Access7/SQL6.6

After upsizing an Access 7 database with upsizing wizard to SQL server 6.5
I cannot update nor delete records. Get error messages klike "data has ben
changed by another user" (update) or "Data changed. Abort operation"
(delete).

I tried upsizing both with triggers and with DRI. Yes, my tables do have a
primary index. I played with the ODBC driver and checked different
configuration. Didn't help.
Anybody out there with some more ideas? Help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Reinhard Weber

2. Business Objects and Sybase

3. VB4(16bit)-->ODBC-->SQL6.5 -- One update strangles the server

4. With Excel

5. Q: Access7.0, RDO 1.0b ->SQLSetConnectOption failed

6. Set the ComboBox Text Property at runtime

7. VB4(16bit)-->ODBC-->SQL6.5 -- One update strangles the server

8. db link doesn't work within a trigger

9. rdo-->ODBC-->SQL6.0 (Errors on Addnew, Update)

10. MS-Win95-->MS-Proxy2.0-->MS-SQL6.5

11. Delphi>>>>>>>

12. >>>SYBASE/UNIX ENIGNEERS WANTED>>>>Bay Area, CA.

13. >>>>>>UNIX/SYBASE ENGINEERS WANTED>>>>>> Bay Area, CA