SQL DB Maintenance plan not removing files

SQL DB Maintenance plan not removing files

Post by Chris Me » Fri, 21 Feb 2003 06:29:20

I stuggled with this issue and wasn't able to resolve with the many
possible solutions posted. After a bit of tweeking I resolved our
issue as follows:

SQL2k_sp3

Symptems:
SQL DB Maintenance plan is successfully performing backups but fails
to remove old backup files as configured in the plan. Disk space is
sufficiant. Plan script verifies. Deleting and recreating the plan
does not resolve the issue.

Solution:
Verify that the recovery model on master and msdb db is set to Simple.

1. Log files were not removed in maintenance plan automaticlly

Hi,
We have a SQL2000 running on Windows 2000. I created a job to run command
"exec xp_cmdshell 'del d:\temp\abc.bak'" which tried to delete file on local
disk. The job was always succeeded but the file "d:\temp\abc.bak" was always
there.
The owner of the job was "sa" and the start up account of SQLagent was
domain\administrator. I checked the security of file "d:\temp\abc.bak" and
found that everyone had full control.
Please help. Thanks.

Jason

2. Merging more than one field into an element tag

3. Database Maintenance plan not removing log files

4. Add Distinct count to Local Cube

5. Maintenance plan in SQL 2000 dont remove older files

6. Address book - Whoops silly me

7. Removing Maintenance Plan from a DB

8. FoxPro help in Minneapolis

9. DB Maintenance Plan not running??? MS SQL 7.0

10. Removing old file with Maintenance Plan

11. Database Maintenance Plan, removing old files

12. SQL 7 Database Maintenance Plan does not delete backup files