Error 21271 ...name not valid object identifier

Error 21271 ...name not valid object identifier

Post by Duane Mulde » Tue, 17 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Help

I have an SQL server on one side of a firewall. Can manage it via
Enterprise manager. Set up publishing,  However when I try to subscribe
to the server i get "Error 21271 198.56.86.3 is not a valid object
identifer. Tried DNS name.  Played with Clint configuration tool

Now what  ???

Thanks

1. Not a valid object identifier Error 21271

Hello:

I am trying to replicate a database through a firewall. And i can see
the Internet based SQL server within the internal entrprise manager.
However when I try to subscribe to the published database I get the
error " Error 21271 The name 198.56.43.23 is not a valid object name.

Tried DNS name

Tried defining name in client configuration tool on internal machine

Help !

2. Invoice Statement Help.

3. The name Not Valid Identifier

4. New developers anguish on Security

5. error? not valid obj identifier

6. Informix SE to Online problem

7. Replication Error 21271

8. Opening a Password Protected Access Database

9. error 21271

10. Error 21271 in SQL6.5 replication setup

11. Error 21271

12. Error 3029, Not a valid account name or password

13. Error 3029: Not a valid account name or password