Win2000, IIS, , sql 2000, trusted connection problem - help

Win2000, IIS, , sql 2000, trusted connection problem - help

Post by rayhan » Sat, 30 Dec 2000 15:27:12

IIS 5 and SQL 2000 are on 2 separate boxes. SQL server named instance is set
to both SQL and win security. both boxes are in the same domain. the virtual
directory on the IIS server is set with both basic and Windows
authentication.
A domain account is created and added as a login to the SQL server and  user
to a database. ASP page is set to use a trusted connection. But the
connection to the SQL server does not happen.
I already spent sometime trying to figure this out, but without results. Are
there any issues I need to check, any settings I need to set, or could
someone suggest a way to to troubleshoot this ?
Thanks

Win2000, IIS, , sql 2000, trusted connection problem - help

Post by elis » Sat, 06 Jan 2001 01:03:19

I have exactly the same problem, but my IIS server was on NT4. i have been told
that with IIS4, it's normal if it doesn't works ( see at :
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q175/6/71.asp) Ass you can see,
separated servers + NT callenge/response (or intagreted security as it is called
in IIS5) have a problem together.
you may find some solutions here :
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q248/1/87.asp
but it's quite long and hard.

so i tryed with IIS5. but that doens't works again !
so i can't find a way to solve this problem too.
so my question for the newsgroup is : does it bugs with IIS5 ??? is there one
solution ???

Quote:-----Original Message-----

.

Win2000, IIS, , sql 2000, trusted connection problem - help

Post by elis » Sat, 06 Jan 2001 01:06:54

by the way, if you find a way to solve this ... please tell me ! :o)

thanks

elise

Quote:-----Original Message-----

IIS 5 and SQL 2000 are on 2 separate boxes. SQL server named instance is set
to both SQL and win security. both boxes are in the same domain. the virtual
directory on the IIS server is set with both basic and Windows
authentication.
A domain account is created and added as a login to the SQL server and  user
to a database. ASP page is set to use a trusted connection. But the
connection to the SQL server does not happen.
I already spent sometime trying to figure this out, but without results. Are
there any issues I need to check, any settings I need to set, or could
someone suggest a way to to troubleshoot this ?
Thanks

.

1. Trusted connection between SQL Server 2000 and IIS 5.0

The Problem:
    We have SSL set up on our IIS5 machine.  In some ASP pages we open a
connection to an SQL database residing on a different machine in the same
network and domain.  The SQL Server was set up to use SQL Server
authentication.  We have now upgraded the SQL Server machine and are using
Windows authentication instead.  I also went in to IIS and changed the
anonymous user for this website from IUSR_MachineName(which is local to the
webserver machine) to one of our users in the domain(actually, the same user
that we use for the SQL Server).  Now when I run these same ASP scripts that
access the SQL Server, I get a popup in the browser that says:

 "An ActiveX control on this page is not safe.  Your current security
settings prohibit running unsafe controls on this page.  As a result, this
page may not display as intended."

The page works correctly, but the connection is no longer secure (still an
https address, but the little yellow lock on the browser is gone showing
that this is no longer a secure connection).

The SQL Connection string in the asp pages now is:
"DRIVER=SQL
Server;SERVER=SQLMACHINE;Trusted_Connection=yes;DATABASE=OURDATABASE;Network
=DBMSSOCN;"

Why do I now get these ActiveX control error messages now?

The Setup:  Windows 2000 Server with SQL Server 2000, Windows 2000 Server
with IIS5 all running on a microsoft network.

Thank you for any help.
Chris

2. DB2 and MS SQL Server 2000

3. sql 2000 iis 5 ado database connection problem -- connections slow

4. MS Visual Basic Contract Work, Palo Alto StartUp

5. Trusted SQL Server connection problems 2000 vs. 7.0

6. SQL 2000 -> SQL 7.0 Backward compatibility

7. Connection to SQL 2000 without trusted connection

8. >>> PUBLICATION QUALITY SOFTWARE MANUA

9. Trusted Connection / IIS 4 help??

10. ASP / IIS "Trusted Connection" problem

11. ASP / IIS problem with Trusted Connection

12. Trusted connections to SQL Server using IIS + ASP

13. IIS, WIN2k, SQL 2k, and Trusted Connections