SNAPSHOT Replication -- struggle for replication views

SNAPSHOT Replication -- struggle for replication views

Post by kellog » Thu, 17 Apr 2003 17:40:09

 Hi,

               I'm trying to create a snapshot replication
 of an online database to a subscriber - push
subscription.

 My config options are as follows:

 (i)   The distributer and the pulished are on the same
 server

 (ii)  The  subscriber is in the same domain as the
 distributor and its a PUSH Subscription.

 (iii) The snapshot agent is owned by sa
 (iv)  The distribution agent is owned by
distributor_admin
 (v)  The snapshot replication is configured such that
 there are no immediate and qued updating and the
 subscribers receive data directly. Its a replication b/w
 only server 2000 versions. The articles of replication
are
 tables, views and stored procedures.

 MY QUESTIONS ARE

           The distribution stops with a data source error
 saying unable to replicate the view or stored function
 because the ref object of column are not present in the
 subscriber.
           The users do'nt get replicated.

 FOR THIS POST ABOVE I GOT THE FOLLOWING REPLY

"You need to make sure that all the objects referenced in
replicated views
and stored procedures are either already existed in
destination db or they
are included in the publication."

               In this process, i copied a copy of the
database to the subscriber and then started replication.
But then in the publisher, its creates some sys objects
used for replication and there is a problem copying these
object, ie (((data error 108,,,  The referenced object is
not available in the database is the error))).

              I again opened the published job, and
selected all the sys objects to also be replicated and
again created a snapshot. But then this also gives a
problem. what do i do?

-kellogy

SNAPSHOT Replication -- struggle for replication views

Post by Alper ONSO » Thu, 17 Apr 2003 20:51:48

Hi,

Maybe referenced object is in another database, you should examine the views
and stored procedures that you replicate.

Alper

Quote:> Hi,

>                I'm trying to create a snapshot replication
>  of an online database to a subscriber - push
> subscription.

>  My config options are as follows:

>  (i)   The distributer and the pulished are on the same
>  server

>  (ii)  The  subscriber is in the same domain as the
>  distributor and its a PUSH Subscription.

>  (iii) The snapshot agent is owned by sa
>  (iv)  The distribution agent is owned by
> distributor_admin
>  (v)  The snapshot replication is configured such that
>  there are no immediate and qued updating and the
>  subscribers receive data directly. Its a replication b/w
>  only server 2000 versions. The articles of replication
> are
>  tables, views and stored procedures.

>  MY QUESTIONS ARE

>            The distribution stops with a data source error
>  saying unable to replicate the view or stored function
>  because the ref object of column are not present in the
>  subscriber.
>            The users do'nt get replicated.

>  FOR THIS POST ABOVE I GOT THE FOLLOWING REPLY
>     ----------------------------------------------

> "You need to make sure that all the objects referenced in
> replicated views
> and stored procedures are either already existed in
> destination db or they
> are included in the publication."

>                In this process, i copied a copy of the
> database to the subscriber and then started replication.
> But then in the publisher, its creates some sys objects
> used for replication and there is a problem copying these
> object, ie (((data error 108,,,  The referenced object is
> not available in the database is the error))).

>               I again opened the published job, and
> selected all the sys objects to also be replicated and
> again created a snapshot. But then this also gives a
> problem. what do i do?

> -kellogy

SNAPSHOT Replication -- struggle for replication views

Post by kellog » Fri, 18 Apr 2003 18:01:26

Hi,
             There are objects refering to another
database and so i had made the other database also
available in the subscriber. Now i get an error like the
below mentioned one.

datasource error:
-----------------
Implicit conversion of varchar value to varchar cannot be
performed because the collation of the value is unresolved
due to a collation conflict.

what do i do?

-kellogy

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi,

>Maybe referenced object is in another database, you

should examine the views
>and stored procedures that you replicate.

>Alper

>> Hi,

>>                I'm trying to create a snapshot
replication
>>  of an online database to a subscriber - push
>> subscription.

>>  My config options are as follows:

>>  (i)   The distributer and the pulished are on the same
>>  server

>>  (ii)  The  subscriber is in the same domain as the
>>  distributor and its a PUSH Subscription.

>>  (iii) The snapshot agent is owned by sa
>>  (iv)  The distribution agent is owned by
>> distributor_admin
>>  (v)  The snapshot replication is configured such that
>>  there are no immediate and qued updating and the
>>  subscribers receive data directly. Its a replication
b/w
>>  only server 2000 versions. The articles of replication
>> are
>>  tables, views and stored procedures.

>>  MY QUESTIONS ARE

>>            The distribution stops with a data source
error
>>  saying unable to replicate the view or stored function
>>  because the ref object of column are not present in the
>>  subscriber.
>>            The users do'nt get replicated.

>>  FOR THIS POST ABOVE I GOT THE FOLLOWING REPLY
>>     ----------------------------------------------

>> "You need to make sure that all the objects referenced
in
>> replicated views
>> and stored procedures are either already existed in
>> destination db or they
>> are included in the publication."

>>                In this process, i copied a copy of the
>> database to the subscriber and then started replication.
>> But then in the publisher, its creates some sys objects
>> used for replication and there is a problem copying
these
>> object, ie (((data error 108,,,  The referenced object
is
>> not available in the database is the error))).

>>               I again opened the published job, and
>> selected all the sys objects to also be replicated and
>> again created a snapshot. But then this also gives a
>> problem. what do i do?

>> -kellogy

>.

1. snapshot replication of views and stored procedures gives probs

[...]

          How do i monitor the performance of the
distributor if its able to support that load.

2. PC Powerhouse

3. snapshot replication of views and stored procedures STILL gives probs

4. AntiVirus Exclusions

5. still struggling with replication between 2000 and 65

6. How to update JET and ODBC?

7. snapshot replication

8. sp_dboption

9. Move replication snapshot directory?

10. Snapshots in Merge Replication

11. Snapshot Replication Woes

12. Problem with my identity column after a DTS import and snapshot replication

13. Snapshot replication