Unexpected language change - ENglish to German

Unexpected language change - ENglish to German

Post by John Lewi » Wed, 31 Jul 2002 17:49:23

The "ODBC Data Sources (32 bit)" tool on my Windows 98 Control Panel now
appears in German - it was always English before!

Also, I am writing ASP scripts which involve accessing databases. Error
messages about the accesses are now appearing in German as well.

How do I get back to English??

John

Unexpected language change - ENglish to German

Post by oj » Wed, 31 Jul 2002 18:11:44

Goto Control Panel and change your Regional Settings.

--
-oj
Rac v2.1 Public Beta is RELEASED.

Quote:> The "ODBC Data Sources (32 bit)" tool on my Windows 98 Control Panel now
> appears in German - it was always English before!

> Also, I am writing ASP scripts which involve accessing databases. Error
> messages about the accesses are now appearing in German as well.

> How do I get back to English??

> John

Unexpected language change - ENglish to German

Post by John Lewi » Wed, 31 Jul 2002 19:56:35

I wish it were that simple.  Everything in regional settings is fine (set to
English).

I have now found that SOME MS Access error messages appear in German too.
The mystery deepens

John

> Goto Control Panel and change your Regional Settings.

> --
> -oj
> Rac v2.1 Public Beta is RELEASED.
> http://www.rac4sql.net

> > The "ODBC Data Sources (32 bit)" tool on my Windows 98 Control Panel now
> > appears in German - it was always English before!

> > Also, I am writing ASP scripts which involve accessing databases. Error
> > messages about the accesses are now appearing in German as well.

> > How do I get back to English??

> > John

1. Unexpected language change (English to German) in Control Panel

The "ODBC Data Sources (32 bit)" tool on my Windows 98 Control Panel now
appears in German - it was always English before!

Also, I am writing ASP scripts which involve accessing databases.  ODBC
error messages about the accesses are now appearing in German as well.

How do I get back to English??

John
John Lewis

2. Handle Exchange Server Database with Visual Basic

3. Change language from US English to UK English?

4. MMC ERROR IN DTS

5. Is MSDE is language Independent (I looking for English and German)

6. library for database development

7. Error : 01000 Changes language setting to US English.

8. Generation of offline cubes

9. Changed language setting to us-english

10. Changing MSSQL from US English to UK English

11. Upgrade SQL 6.5 GERMAN Edition to SQL 7 ENGLISH

12. Student for german->english translation sought $$$

13. compatibility english version german v.