Will SQL Server work on NT Workstation?

Post by Chad Hegert » Fri, 22 Aug 1997 04:00:00

The version that comes with the Enterprise editions is a developers version
that is optimised for the Workstation version.

--
Chad M. Hegerty

Web:    http://users1.ee.net/hegertyc

> I am thinking of buying Visual Studio Enterprise Ed that comes with SQL
> Server. I am interested in learning SQL Server but I don't have a network
> here at home. Does anyone know if I can run SQL Server Developer Edition
> off of NT Workstation or do I really need NT Server?

Will SQL Server work on NT Workstation?

Post by Peder Hols » Thu, 28 Aug 1997 04:00:00

It works, at least it did with NT 3.51.
Peder Holst

> I am thinking of buying Visual Studio Enterprise Ed that comes with SQL
> Server. I am interested in learning SQL Server but I don't have a network
> here at home. Does anyone know if I can run SQL Server Developer Edition
> off of NT Workstation or do I really need NT Server?

1. sql enterprise manger's rigester server doesn't work in a nt workstation

Hi everyone
 I installed sql 6.5 evaluation version in my nt 4.0 workstation which is
standalon machine for two days

   One problem is sql enterprise manager . I use sp_helpserver in isql/w to
find my serer name is "ming" and network_name is "ming" and status is blank and
id is "0"
When I start sql enterprise manager, the register server shows some error
messages when I try to reigister server "ming"
  the error message is " unable to connect to server( reason:[DB-LIBRARY]
Unable to connect , sql server is unavailable or does not exist specified sql
server not found.

  do you know how to make it worked.
thanks a lot

ming qin

2. sql query again

3. Heuristics for SQL Server 6.0 on NT/Server versus NT/Workstation

4. Advanced Trigger

5. SQL Server SP 5a, NT Server SP4, NT Workstation SP5, MDAC 2.1 - Error 37000

6. VB5 to Sybase 11.0.2?

7. What versions of Oracle Server work on NT Workstation

8. DBCS-to-SBCS Japanese Conversion

9. PO7/NT Workstation vs ORACLE SERVER on NT SERVER

10. SQL Server 2000 behaviour is different in Server 2000 and Windows NT Workstation

11. SQL Server server component over NT 4.0 Workstation

12. SQL 6.5 Workstation Installation Problem on NT 4.0 Workstation

13. problems with installation of SQL Workstation 6.0 on NT Workstation 4.0