Global constants

Post by n.. » Tue, 12 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I have a number of global constants that are used by multiple stored
procedures.  Anyone knows how I can declare and define them in just
one place, so that I don't have to include their declarations and
definitions in every store procedures?  Thanks

Neil

Global constants

Post by Ilya V. Zvyagi » Wed, 13 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I have a number of global constants that are used by multiple stored
> procedures.  Anyone knows how I can declare and define them in just
> one place, so that I don't have to include their declarations and
> definitions in every store procedures?  Thanks

You can not. The best way to solve the problem is to produce procedures as
a result of some compiling,
C preprocessor for example or some CASE like ErWIN.

1. Global constants/variables

Everyone;

Can someone explain how/where to store a value for a constant
at the database level? I want to create/add to an initialization
file that all users will have as a global constant (let's say
MAX_DAY_REMAINING = 10). This way all one would have to do would
be to change the value (if needed), and the new value would be
available at next db startup (ie. init.ora)?

Dusty

2. PLEASE MAKE THIS PROGRAM

3. Copying global constants,variable between applications

4. seconds in smalldatetime

5. Saving Variable as global constant

6. ADO ODBC dead lock ora-4020

7. "Global Constants" in SQL Server

8. Asynchronously

9. Global Constants (Creating a Boolean DataType)

10. Global Constants In SQL Server

11. Using DAO to set global constants? [newbie]

12. Global Constants in PL/SQL?