Multi-language error messages

Post by Chris Goddar » Thu, 08 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I've read through BOL and it states that when running a localised version of
SQL Server with the default language set to the local language - error
messages are reported to the user in the local language.

If you are logging these errors which language do you see in the log.

If our customer is running a German SQL Server installation with default
language set to German we need to be able to have a record of the error
messages in English.

How do we do that.  I know we could just go on the error number but it would
be better if we could get at the actual error.

Also - is there any difference between SQL 7 and SQL 2000?

Chris Goddard

1. how to translate Bde error message to another language

hello to all

I use delphi 2.01.

I need to translate the BDE error message to another Language.

i find the error message and codes in the files:

dbconsts.pas and dbconsts.rc

What should i do with this files ??

                                                Thanks

                                                 Shraga

2. How to specify a certain fill factor for a table?

3. single user/multi user mode error messages

4. Layout list disappears in Win98

5. MS SQL Server and multi-languages

6. Query takes 60 times longer than it used to take

7. Multi Language Database

8. execute programs 4go in a directory different from the current

9. Multi-language support through properties

10. Multi language data saving in SQL Server

11. Multi Language Storage and Display

12. Multi-Language in MS SQL Server

13. SQL2000 Multi-language problem