Updating a boolean field with the same information

Updating a boolean field with the same information

Post by Zach Well » Sat, 22 Dec 2001 00:24:28

There is no such thing as  a "boolean" field. Do you mean bit? And, yes, any
update, even if the data doesn't change, is treated as a normal update.

--
Zach
---

Quote:> if you have a boolean field that is set to 1 and you run
> an update statement that updates that field to 1,  is that
> treated as a normal update?

> i pretty sure it is but just to make sure, i thought id
> ask.

> thanks for the help

> late
> matt

Updating a boolean field with the same information

Post by Steve Kas » Sat, 22 Dec 2001 00:29:19

Matt,

  What's a "normal update"?  Also, there is no boolean
data type in SQL Server.  Do you mean bit?

Steve Kass
Drew University

> if you have a boolean field that is set to 1 and you run
> an update statement that updates that field to 1,  is that
> treated as a normal update?

> i pretty sure it is but just to make sure, i thought id
> ask.

> thanks for the help

> late
> matt

1. Updating a boolean field ?

Hi,

I got a recordset that contains 2 fields...one field is a text field, the other one is a boolean field.

The recordset (RS) was declared like that :

    RS.CursorLocation = adUseClient
    RS.LockType = adLockBatchOptimistic
    RS.CursorType = adOpenKeyset

I can update the text field, but i can't update the boolean field.

For instance :

RS("TEST_FIELD").Value = "a string"
RS.updatebatch

works good.

and

RS("BOOLEAN_FIELD").Value = True
RS.updatebatch

doesn't update the rercordset.

Anybody ever had this problem ?

thank you in advance.

Max.

2. 17065-NC-RALEIGH/DURHAM-DBA Skills-ORACLE-VAX-VMS-Windows NT- Oracle DBA

3. Setting boolean field from date field values...

4. OLAP, ADO, and ASP

5. Add field with Boolean field type failed using ADOX

6. Why does a column in table variable need collation

7. UPDATING FIELD INFORMATION WITH VB 6 Pro

8. How to transfer database schema into Microsoft access

9. Updating field information using VB 6.0 Pro

10. Update a field with time stamp when other field are updated

11. Insufficent key column information for updating and refreshing:Too many rows to update

12. Access 2002 Crash when updating boolean on form