SQL Server 2000 vs IIs on Windows 2000 Professional

SQL Server 2000 vs IIs on Windows 2000 Professional

Post by R. Lope » Sun, 17 Feb 2002 01:21:18

I can not get the sample ASP code for ADO to perform the
sample query.  I was successful on Windows 98 using PWS.

I keep getting the message that the arguments are the
wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in
conflict with each other.

This is the sample Northwind ADO example.  I also
installed the virtual stuff and the XML works fine.

Other ASP code that goes through ODBC to an Access
database is working great.

I don't know what else to try.  I suspect that there is a
setting problem in either IIs or SQL.

Please help.

Richard

1. linked servers with windows 2000 professional/sql server 2000

Hi,
I have 2 servers configured as linked servers.
One is ServerA and the other ServerB.
From ServerB I have dts packages that perform calls to
remote stored procedures is ServerA.
In one of my packages I have the following:
1. A connection object pointing to serverA
2. DDQ(Data Driven Query Task). In that DDQ , there is an
option tab called "lookups" where I created a new lookup
to perform a query in ServerA.
3. When I perform step # 2 I get the following error:
Server: 'ServerA' is not configured for DATA ACCESS

I check the configurations on the linked server properties
for this server and the Data Access flag is set in both
servers.

One difference that I think it might be the problem is
that serverA is running Windows 2000 server and Sql Server
2000
. Serverb is running Windows 2000 professional and sql
server 2000.
I can do 4 part queries from Query Analyzer from both
sides:
Example Select * from ServerA.TestDatabase.dbo.testtable

Any ideas?

Thanks,
RZ

2. Problems - Patch for 8.0.5

3. D3 printing errors under Windows 2000 server and Windows 2000 professional

4. application painfully slow over the network??

5. Cannot install SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition on Windows 2000 Professional

6. LIKE with SQL Server Stored Procedures

7. SQL Server 2000 client on Windows 2000 professional

8. Char conversion in DTS transform

9. Unable to Install SQL Server 2000 on windows 2000 Professional

10. Install Problem with SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2000 Professional

11. SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2000 Professional

12. MSDE 2000 installation on Windows 2000 SP2 Professional using Windows Installer Merge Modules from SP1

13. SQL Server 2000 vs. SQL Server 2000 Developer