Timeout, ODBC, SQL 6.5

Post by G?ra » Tue, 09 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I sometimes get the following message (Timeout expired) on the client.
I get this timeout after 10 to 15 seconds.
When I run the query on the server it takes about 30 seconds to run.

Where and how do I increase the value for timeout? On the server, the
client or bouth?

On the server the value for (remote query timeout) is set to 0 (zero).

I think I can set this value somewhere else but in the application.
I have set up an ODBC connection on the client.
I use named pipes on the server.

Timeout, ODBC, SQL 6.5

Post by Wayne Snyde » Tue, 09 Feb 1999 04:00:00

The timeout you are referring to  is an ODBC timeout, which would be set
either in the connect string or later as an attribute of the connection..

As a note, although this kind of timeout was not supported in sql 6.5, it is
available in sql 7.0

Timeout, ODBC, SQL 6.5

Post by G?ra » Thu, 11 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Thank you Wayne.

I found it. I saw that the default value is 15 seconds.

The timeoutvalue is set before the connection is established.

In C++ it is done like this:

        CDatabase *m_pDB;

        m_pDB = new CDatabase ();

        m_pDB->SetQueryTimeout (300);

        if (m_pDB->OpenEx (NULL, CDatabase::openReadOnly) == 0)
        {
        }

It works with SQL 6.5.

Timeout, ODBC, SQL 6.5

Post by G?ra » Thu, 11 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Thank you Wayne.

I found it. I saw that the default value is 15 seconds.

The timeoutvalue is set before the connection is established.

In C++ it is done like this:

        CDatabase *m_pDB;

        m_pDB = new CDatabase ();

        m_pDB->SetQueryTimeout (300);

        if (m_pDB->OpenEx (NULL, CDatabase::openReadOnly) == 0)
        {
        }

It works with SQL 6.5.

1. Timeout, ODBC, SQL 6.5

I sometimes get the following message (Timeout expired) on the client.
I get this timeout after 10 to 15 secunds.
When I run the query on the server it takes about 30 secunds to run.

Where and how do I increase the value for timeout? On the server, the
client or bouth?

On the server the value for (remote query timeout) is set to 0 (zero).

2. Any similiarity between Views and SQL statement?

3. error while creating a context index (ORACLE 8.1.5)

4. vb3 + odbc + SQL 6.5 = ODBC Timeout

5. Parts (everything) disappeared on layout!!! WHAT?

6. SQL 6.5 and IIS 4.0 ODBC timeout

7. ODBC timeout when connecting from ACCESS 97 to SQL Server 6.5 (heavy loaded server)

8. SQL 6.5 and IIS 4.0 odbc timeout

9. ODBC Timeout from Access 2 to SQL 6.0/6.5

10. SQL Server 6.5 ODBC Timeout Error

11. ODBC timeout expiring (Access97 > SQL Server 6.5