DTS Export to Excel with Detailed Excel Formatting

DTS Export to Excel with Detailed Excel Formatting

Post by John Irwi » Wed, 23 Oct 2002 02:57:18

I am successfully using DTS to export from SQL 7 to Excel 2000. Can I
control detailed Excel formatting from the DTS package for things such as
landscape vs. portrait printing, whether gridlines are enabled, type of
gridlines, etc?

DTS Export to Excel with Detailed Excel Formatting

Post by Allan Mitchel » Wed, 23 Oct 2002 04:31:59

Yes so long as you use Excel itself and manipulate its object library.

--

Allan Mitchell (Microsoft SQL Server MVP)
MCSE, MCDBA

1. Exporting Excel format form DTS Object Model

Hello-

I have written a dll, that uses the dtspkg.dll (DTS object library).  I have
written two main methods, one that exports csv format and one that exports
excel format.

This dll is run from ASP and seems to work fine on all of our servers except
for 2 of them.  Those two servers will work with the csv export, but the
excel export won't work on them.  Is there anything special that needs to be
installed on a machine to allow the excel export to work?

Please help. thanks

2. Sybase or Ingres

3. DTS export to Excel (Format issue)

4. Please Help!

5. Exporting recordset into Excel and opening Excel

6. nebie question

7. Excel: Data Format readable by Excel?

8. Coding 3d, Etched Lines in VB 6.0

9. Export an Access Table to Excel File Format

10. Exporting Data in Excel format

11. Exporting Data in Excel Format

12. Export to Excel - can't get formatting correct

13. export ado recordset to lotus, excel and dbf format