ODBC SQL Server Driver: Timeout Expired (80040e31)

ODBC SQL Server Driver: Timeout Expired (80040e31)

Post by Oreste » Sun, 09 Dec 2001 22:14:38

Hi everybody,

My MS SQL server resides in an old machine.
It always cannot response in time before my ODBC timeout.
I know the default value of the ODBC driver's timeout is 30 seconds.
Can I increase the value?
I tried "Server.ScriptTimeout" and "Conn.ConnectionTimeout" but useless.
Can anyone do me a favor?
Thanks in advance.

Orestes

1. odbc sql server driver timeout expired sql server 7.0

I am trying to run a big query and this mesage appears after about 20 seconds..any ideas?
I increased the value of the tiomeout to the max (30000)
it is a pretty big query:
UPDATE telemanagerserver.dbo.Customers
SET dncgov = 1
WHERE  CombPhone IN
        (SELECT number
      FROM dncgov.dbo.fulllist
)

customer has 140 thousand records
fulllist has 52 million records

indexes on combphone and on number
two different databases on the same server

I also tried
UPDATE telemanagerserver.dbo.Customers
SET dncgov = 1
WHERE  exists         (SELECT number
      FROM dncgov.dbo.fulllist Where CombPhone = Number)

and

Select Number into #temp
 from dncgov.dbo.fulllist
 Inner Join telemanagerserver.dbo.Customers
  on Number = Combphone

then

UPDATE telemanagerserver.dbo.Customers
SET dncgov = 1
WHERE  exists         (SELECT number
      FROM #temp Where CombPhone = Number)

they all timeout

any ideas?

2. CA-Irvine-Software Engineers

3. [ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server][OLE/DB provider returned message: Timeout expired]

4. Connecting to a server in a different domain

5. category:odbc,source:odbc sql server driver,number:s1t00(timeout expired)

6. ADODC and MSHFlexgrid update

7. SQL 2000 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired

8. HTTPD,Informix and the Web

9. java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired

10. ODBC Error 80040e31 Timeout expired

11. ODBC Timeout expired '80040e31'

12. [ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired