Remote Connection Error "General Network Error"?

Remote Connection Error "General Network Error"?

Post by sdg » Sat, 23 Dec 2000 14:05:03

If anyone has ever run into this error before I would really appreciate the
fix to my problem.

I am creating an application in VB that connects to my remote SQL Server at
the office. In my connection string I'm using a provider of SQLOLEDB with
the DATA SOURCE of my IP address on the server.

This application works fine when connecting on my LAN but remotely via
TCP/IP I get a "General Network Error" of note I also get this error when
using DTS Import wizard using this IP address and senario.

Is my Server's TCP/IP settings in SQL Server configured improperly? Again
any input would really help me out.

Merry Christmas,
Trent from
CANADA

1. Error 80004005 "General network error"

We are getting the error 80004005 "General network error" only very
intermittantly on our webserver running IIS4 and ASP. I'm making connections
through ODBC to our database server running SQL Server 7 with the IP address in
the ODBC configuration and client configuration set to use TCP/IP. The only
documentation I can find talks about the server being renamed but this is clearly
not the issue. I have a feeling it's a timeout/connections issue. Any help is
greatly appreciated.

2. Can't add a record to SQL table!

3. Intermittent "General Network Error" messages

4. AQ - 8.1.7 Compatible =>'8.1'

5. Pleading: Maddening "General Network Error"

6. Problems with conversion from 1252 ISO character set to 850 Multilingual

7. Merge Replication "General Network Error"

8. create tables with Odbc in Oracle ?

9. Error -25557: "Network internal error"

10. ipsec and "[DBNETLIB]General network error

11. "General Error" in DTS package execution

12. APPEND GENERAL gives "Fatal Error C0000005"